Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
New York, New York, United States
Senior Manager, Global Communications and Marketing, Weber Shandwick
You are a communications professional looking for an opportunity to tell stories that align with the brand and business priorities of a global communications and marketing agency.
Weber Shandwick is seeking a skilled communicator to join its global corporate communications and marketing team. This role will help to drive and support internal and external communications campaigns and initiatives, promoting the firm’s capabilities and expertise, and deepening internal engagement Weber Shandwick’s global network.
You will work closely with our global leadership team, business/practice leaders, regional/market leaders, client teams and partner with colleagues in business development and thought leadership.
Media Relations & External Communications
- Tell compelling stories that align with the firm’s key priorities, including promoting the firm’s work, growth, expertise and thought leadership
- Identify, pitch and secure positive stories with marketing trade and business media
- Keep a beat on industry news and issues that directly and indirectly affect the agency; analyze and distill meaningful insights from media coverage
- Research target media and support campaign announcements and launches
- Write, edit and proofread content, including press releases, thought leadership, messaging, presentations, executive briefing materials and more
Events & Awards
- Help to drive the entry process and promotion of awards that recognize the agency and our people
- Coordinate participation in industry conferences and events; support executive/spokesperson participation as appropriate; coordinate sponsorships and advertising
- Write, edit and proofread content, including intranet posts, newsletter content and internal emails
- Coordinate with market, sector and service leaders to surface and share content relevant to our internal teams
- Help to create and propel internal messaging and narratives that engage employees and connect them to the news, resources and opportunities that help them do their jobs and progress their careers
Skills & Requirements
- 4-6 years of communications, professional services or marketing services experience (advertising, creative, digital or media environment strongly preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to develop media contacts and relationships, with a record of success in securing media placements in top-tier marketing trade and business publications
- Proven aptitude to solve problems; savvy in navigating and resolving complex situations with speed
- Critical thinker – asks probing questions and anticipates and addresses gaps/needs
- Ability to foster relationships and maintain connections internally and with external partners
- Extremely detail oriented with ability to manage and execute multiple projects
- Experience and confidence in working with senior leaders
- Excellent writing skills are mandatory
- Fluency in major social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter) and familiarity with a variety of social media tools and metrics preferred
- Experience with media databases and monitoring tools
- BS / BA degree or equivalent years’ experience
Weber Shandwick is a leading global marketing and communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world.
We push beyond category convention, pairing data-driven insights with creative prowess to deliver game-changing ideas that earn attention and drive business impact. We have a deep bench of talent across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications.
Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.