Account Manager, China Go Global Practice
Location: Shenzhen/ Beijing/ Guangzhou/Shanghai
Weber Shandwick is more than a leading global PR agency – we’re an engagement agency and we’re working in and around the cutting edge of the new media landscape. We’re storytellers, content creators, and we engage people IN the story. We employ the best in the industry and beyond, working across sectors including consumer, healthcare, technology, public affairs, crisis management, digital, and social impact. Our success is built on a deep commitment to client service, to our people, to creativity and collaboration, to engaging stakeholders in new and creative ways to build brands and reputations—and to putting data, analytics and insights at the center of everything we do.
In China, we were named “Agency of the Year” at the APAC SABREs, Mumbrella, China Advertising Awards, Digital Marketing Annual Awards, Shanghai International Advertising Awards and Digital China Annual Awards – eight “Agency of the Year” award in 2018. And we were also name “Best Culture” agency at the 2018 Campaign Asia Award, something we are extremely proud of.
About Weber Shandwick’s Values:
Engagement – we believe in listening, dialogue and actions to spark ideas and solutions
Respect – we treat people with kindness, fairness, dignity and civility
Inclusion – we seek diverse perspectives and voices, and cultivate inclusive environments
Truth – facts matter. We work with integrity and courage
About this role:
We are looking for an experienced professional to join our growing International “China Go Global” Practice. This individual will be responsible for engaging with clients and overseeing key projects, content creation, and developing and executing media campaigns.
- Creativity – Foster a culture of creative innovation. Contributing to concept, creative development, presentation of ideas and delivering innovative campaigns from brief to execution
- Client and Account Management – Partner with the heads of major client teams to grow and strengthen client relationships. Lead client project execution and coordinate with team across the global Weber Shandwick network
- Media Relations – Develop creative story ideas and media strategies, draft pitches and conduct outreach to international media
- Content Development – Develop structure and draft content for key PR materials (e.g., press release, Q&A, etc.)
- New Business – Contribute ideas for new and organic business opportunities, develop proposals and participate in presentations for prospective clients
- Industry Knowledge and Expertise – Contribute insights based on knowledge and experience in one or more of the consumer technology, mobile internet / APPs, retail and ecommerce spaces
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree above and 5+ years’ experience in a PR-related profession, with technology communications experience (preferably within a PR agency environment)
- Proven work expertise with overseas media, English content development, and/or account management
- Excellent English skills, both spoken and written
- Experience with not only traditional media strategies but new media strategy, integrated and digital campaigns
- A proactive, passionate approach with a solutions-oriented mindset
- Innovative with a rule-breaking spirit, quick learner
- Strong verbal presentation and communication skills to bring your ideas to life internally and externally
- A desire to lead by example and to take initiative and responsibility
- Open-minded, cross-cultural and eager to work with people from different backgrounds
- Study or professional experience outside of China is a plus
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.