Account Director, Influence
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
The Integrated Media practice at Weber Shandwick Boston has an exciting opportunity for an Account Director, Influence to join our team.
- Development and execution of integrated multi-platform influencer campaigns that drive meaningful results for a roster of leading CPG and lifestyle brands.
- Define social influencer strategies for ongoing/always-on and campaign-specific programs and ensure alignment with key business objectives.
- Develop a deep understanding of our clients’ businesses and target audiences, and work in close collaboration with our Creative, Insights and Client Experience teams.
- Closely partner with agency’s social platform and digital specialists to stay at the forefront of technology trends and emerging platforms to continuously further our offerings.
- Provide expert counsel to clients and colleagues on social/digital/influencer best practices.
- Play a lead role in the agency’s Influencer center of excellence, which develops and manages key relationships with talent agencies and content creators, and institutionalizes a set of best-in-class tools and processes for identification, contract negotiation, content planning, measurement and ROI analysis.
- Collaborate effectively with inter-agency teams to develop holistic plans and fully integrated strategies for our clients.
- Support client field marketing teams, managing influencer attendance/amplification for event & experiential programs.
- Lead a high-performing team; mentor and develop junior team members.
- 7+ years of experience, preferably within an agency environment
- Strong understanding of the overall media and social landscape, with an emphasis on digital experience
- Deep expertise in defining digital strategy and developing/managing influencer programs
- Strong knowledge of social platforms, including paid amplification and campaign optimization
- Familiarity with a broad set of social, media and influencer vendors and analytics tools
- Detail-oriented, multi-tasker with excellent time-management skills
- Strong written, verbal communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Experience leading a team is an asset
Is this you?
Be a driver of culture: Must have true passion and understanding of pop culture and are part of the community (be it music, art, fashion, food, gaming, internet culture, etc) This job is the intersection of creative, strategy, marketing, tech, content creation and production; your energy must be driven by your lifestyle. You must influence creative ideations: from the ideas presented, to the influencers selected, to the content created, all the way down to the language used in post copy.
Have high cultural competencies: Understand the role and importance of diversity, equity & inclusion (DE&I) You must be culturally vigilant with the ability to understand, communicate with and effectively interact with people across cultures.
Know how to identify and manage diverse vendors and partners: in an ever-evolving industry, you must have experience working with RFPs and meeting with leading tech companies and vendors to understand their capabilities and identify their uniqueness to best server our agency/clients.
Think like a lawyer: risk management is big to us. you understand how important it is to be in compliance with best practices (FTC updates, platform requirements), continuously build our COE by partnering with DXTRA legal and finance to ensure risk and liabilities are reduced and tamed for every campaign you touch.
Have experience building engaged audiences: on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Clubhouse and other distribution platforms.
Know how to build a story: you will build client presentations that tell smart, compelling stories, never “rinse and repeat” which requires you to be highly motivated, energetically-charged and inspired at all times.
Hustle and be curious, always: You are willing to learn a little bit of everything, and open to take on anything.
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.