Senior Client Finance Analyst
New York, New York, United States
Senior Financial Analyst
We are looking for an analytically-minded and solution-oriented Senior Financial Analyst who will approach work with a sense of possibility, sees challenges as opportunities and has a relentless passion and curiosity for process improvement. This role will report to the Director, Global Client Finance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work within a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment to provide financial rigor and strategic insight around business decisions that affect both client portfolio and agency
- Engage in active financial management of client(s), helping drive to exceed targets
- Partner with account leadership to maintain expert and fluid knowledge of client's business models, contractual arrangements, key strengths, and opportunities.
- Maintain accountability and conduct financial analysis involving but not limited to revenue accounting, forecasting, billing, profitability, and over-service consistent with agency policies.
- Responsible for maintaining and interpreting various financial trackers (revenue, portfolio overview, billing, burn reports, client-driven requests, etc.)
- Manage intercompany budgets for timeliness and accuracy and work cross-functionally between participating offices managing client specific revenue and forecasts
- Partner closely with key stakeholders to ensure proper and accurate recording and reporting of financial and accounting transactions
- Proactively document, follow up on, and close out in a timely fashion any revenue, budgeting, billing, invoicing, or payment issues that pertain to client(s)
- Assist in the creation and preparation of annual budget & quarterly forecasts
- Monitor jobs, estimates and rate cards to ensure accuracy
- Partner with client service teams to ensure monthly financial schedule is followed, including but not limited to WIP management, billing, % effort complete
- Oversee billing process to ensure timely and accurate invoicing
- Act as Liaison between project management, client service teams and various departments on financial matters
- Serve as reliable and forward-thinking business analytics resource on assigned accounts
- Perform Ad hoc projects and analysis as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting with 3 – 5 years of experience
- Experience with enterprise financial systems (e.g. SAP, Workday Financials, Anaplan, Oracle, etc….)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills (lookups, pivots, dashboards, advanced formulas, etc.)
- Ability to work well in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and exhibit flexibility
- Ability to effectively manage workload, prioritize and streamline tasks to ensure accuracy and, take “ownership-mentality” in work/clients
- Innovate thinker with a focus on continuous process improvement
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with finance and non-finance stakeholders, alike
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships and be inclusive of ideas.
- Takes initiative to add value beyond initial requests by anticipating future questions/follow up requests and proactively resolving them.
- Agency experience preferred
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.