Senior Associate, Project Management
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Senior Associate, Project Manager
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Weber Shandwick is more than a leading global communications agency – we’re an engagement agency. Our success is built on a deep commitment to our clients, our people, creativity, collaboration and engaging stakeholders in new and bold ways to build brand reputation and drive business results.
Weber Shandwick's Chicago office has a unique opportunity for a strategic, team-oriented Project Manager. Our Integrated Project Management team enables and executes world-class work in the smartest way possible. We are passionate about transforming ideas into results as we negotiate, organize and understand the ever-changing landscape of marketing and our clients business. We are looking for a passionate, problem-solving Project Manager who exhibits excellent communication and collaboration skills while harboring an entrepreneur spirit. As a Project Manager, you will help develop and execute plans to allow our teams to create exciting work on time and budget.
As part of the Integrated Project Management team, your focus will be on the following key areas below to ensure success:
- Complex internal coordination and management of cross-channel & cross-campaign creative assets alongside the respective Account, Strategy, Analytics & Creative teams
- Work simultaneously across multiple brands and online platforms, including gaining exposure to 3rd Party eTail platforms, inclusive of ability to be able to manage resources with knowledge around aforementioned 3rd party platforms (ie. Syndigo, Amazon Vendor Central).
- Strategic coordination & shepherding of master creative content to wider implementation and media agencies
- Partner with a team of Account Managers, Designers and Copywriters to deliver amazing digital content at pace on a daily basis.
- Strong detailed management of timelines and resources to ensure all deliveries meet deadlines; with a keen understanding of where multiple projects may stand in their respective lifecycles
- Participate, and lead where needed, all key project meetings, including; daily stand ups, weekly status meetings, internal reviews, client reviews.
- Ensure all related project management documentation is up to date on a daily basis, including project plans, task plans, and RAID logs.
- Provide clear contact reports and action items following internal calls and meetings.
Day to day responsibilities
- Identification and mitigation of delivery issues
- Internal lead & go-to for all tracking & project delivery across the various digital eTail efforts on the business
- Rapid timeline creation & share out to Account team & Clients
- Client point of contact for any timeline/delivery/PM items for discussion pertaining to the business
- Having a breadth of knowledge from a specs, functional requirements, and workflow standpoint pertaining to the clients’ business; thus able to provide direction back to the Account & Creative teams accordingly
- Partnering with the other PMs on the team to cross-share knowledge that would be relevant and continue to push the business forward
Background and skills
- 2+ years’ experience, within that time you would have worked as part of a team delivering digital content projects for large organizations.
- A basic understanding of technology platforms and development frameworks.
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects and effortlessly recall where certain projects stand at a given time.
- Experience in client-facing roles & speaking to timeline delivery/project management when called upon.
- An understanding of how data and analytics are used to improve on key project metrics.
- Organized and tenacious, with exceptional attention to detail, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work proactively within a fast paced environment, building strong internal and external relationships.
- Ability to work well under pressure, whilst retaining a positive approach.
- Experience with the following tools – MS Project, MS Office, Google Suite, Smartsheet
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.