Account Supervisor, Influencer
New York, New York, United States
Weber Shandwick is looking for a Senior Manager (AS level) to join our Consumer/Influencer team in New York. We are looking for a star candidate (5-7 years of experience) with an expertise in the consumer marketing space. We are looking for someone to play a hybrid Client Experience and Influencer role.
Candidate must have a deep understanding of the influencer landscape, but also have unique experience developing and executing both earned-led brand and influencer-led campaigns for consumer brands. The following is a general outline of primary responsibilities.
- Thinking: Intellectual curiosity and creativity is a must.
- Storytelling: Understand the elements that make a story exciting, what brands are doing in the press and on social platforms, and what they should do next.
- Communication: Speak, write and edit succinctly and compellingly.
- Management: Meet deadlines, put out fires and multi-task. Work fast, and work well.
- Interpersonal: Play nice, whether it’s in a team, with a team or independently.
- Technical: Know Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Media databases and social tracking tools and knowledge of influencer management systems a plus.
- Detail-Oriented: Whether it’s a media list or a recap report, attention to detail and a commitment to delivering clear and precise work is essential.
- Spark: Understand what sets you apart.
Brand Strategy & Execution
- Own responsibilities for executional leadership of multiple client programs, budgets, plans
- Maintain daily client contact, serving as a trusted resource and advisor
- Facilitate cross-functional team integration (strategy, creative, integrated media specialists, influencer)
- Translate strategies into tactical plans; ensure team deliverables align with strategies
- Develop messaging for clients and oversee the creation of media strategies that take an integrated approach to driving awareness with target audiences
- Proactively support and suggest improvements and new ideas to exceed client expectations by leveraging industry knowledge and experience
- Demonstrate financial acumen in the areas of budgeting, billing and staffing
Influencer Strategy & Execution
- Demonstrated passion for influencer marketing both personally and professionally; specific interest in the luxury lifestyle, food and design space
- Craft influencer strategies for yearlong plans and product launches
- Research, vet, contract and manage relationships with influencer talent
- Develop influencer briefing materials
- Oversee influencer briefings and content creation, monitor influencer content performance, track against KPIs and prepare detailed recaps
- Take responsibility to execute influencer strategies
- Manage and build relationships with influencers and third party agents
- Mine current news cycle for ad hoc influencer opportunities
- Demonstrated expertise in social platforms, user behaviors and emerging trends
Client & Team Engagement
- Communicate with clients on daily basis
- Provide basic client counsel
- Serve as a key participant in client meetings and presentations
- Proof and edit client related documents as needed
- Manage client and team resources and deliverables around major campaigns and product launches
- Mentor junior staff
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.