Senior Associate, Healthcare Public Affairs
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Senior Associate (Senior Account Executive Equivalent), Healthcare Public Affairs
The Weber Shandwick team in Washington, DC is seeking a Senior Associate for our rapidly growing healthcare practice. We are looking for someone who is passionate about healthcare, attuned to health policy priorities domestically and abroad, invested in health equity and who wants to make a difference for patients around the world. We’re passionate about expanding the boundaries of what we offer our clients by bringing diverse perspectives to the table.
The ideal candidate should be a proactive team player who thrives in a fast-paced, always-changing environment. To be successful in this role, this individual must have a public affairs background and experience in health policy, advocacy and/or global health. The individual should have experience working on integrated public affairs campaigns, including but not limited to advocacy initiatives and/or disease awareness campaigns. Experience working with global biopharmaceutical companies and/or experience working across geographies and time zones is a plus.
You must have exceptional project management, writing and communications skills and an ability to translate client needs into action. Bottom line: you are an ambitious go-getter who loves a challenge.
- Implement integrated public affairs campaigns for clients such as pharmaceutical companies, trade associations, medical societies, insurance companies, among others in the United States and on a global-level.
- Experience with integrated communications campaigns, including earned, paid, owned channels.
- Work closely with account senior leadership in the development of healthcare communications and healthcare policy campaigns
- Analyze and summarize trends in national, healthcare and policy media, review and prepare executive summaries and/or analyses detailing clear and concise findings
- Conduct research and media monitoring on a wide range of health policy issues.
- Assist in development of thought leadership content (blogs, fact sheets, reports, social media posts) for global health policy and health care public affairs clients on a range of policy and/or science-focused subjects.
- Assist with client status reports, including materials trackers, media trackers, and etc.
- 2-3 years of experience in healthcare communications, public affairs, or health policy communications; experience with pharmaceutical companies, large trade associations, medical societies or patient advocacy organizations is a plus.
- Knowledge of health policy issues in the United States. and/or global health issues.
- Experience working closely with several types of teams and ability to facilitate cross-functional team integration.
- The ability to manage multiple projects at various stages simultaneously.
- Be a self-starter who works well within a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary team.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.