Senior Manager, Client Experience, Healthcare
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
The Weber Shandwick Healthcare practice is seeking a Senior Manager to join its growing Washington, DC office.
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications and marketing services firm in 78 cities with a network extending to 128 cities around the world. The firm’s diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work. Weber Shandwick was the only public relations agency included on the Advertising Age Agency A-list in 2014 and 2015 and the only PR firm designated an A-List Agency Standout in 2017 and 2018. Weber Shandwick was honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, The Holmes Report’s Global Agency of the Year in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2017, and The Holmes Report’s Global Digital Agency of the Year in 2016. The firm deploys deep expertise across sectors and specialty areas, including consumer marketing, corporate reputation, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, employee engagement, social impact, financial communications and crisis management, using proprietary social, digital and analytics methodologies. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com.
What You Will Be Doing
The Weber Shandwick Washington, DC office is currently seeking an eager, detail-oriented Senior Manager for its Healthcare Practice. We’re looking for a talented, passionate public health communication specialist who will support our work with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention among other healthcare clients. The most qualified candidate will focus on key public health issues and execute campaigns that make important impact in our daily lives.
- Contribute to development of strategic plans and ongoing campaign recommendations for CDC and other healthcare clients as needed
- Maintain regular client communication
- Help manage the day-to-day operations of a multi-faceted, integrated campaign, including but not limited to: research, creative concepting and production, writing, digital communications, social and earned media, paid media
- Help manage government contracts through precise but adaptable project management and keen budgeting
- Contribute to work plan of junior team members and ensure quality work from team in order to meet/exceed client expectations
- Junior staff development and serve as a role-model to other team members
- Contribute to ongoing business development, particularly in the public health arena
- Support campaign analytics and reporting
- Master’s in Public Health preferred, but not required; BA or BS in communications or related degree
- 6-7 year’s healthcare experience, particularly in public health and government contracts
- Lead client programs and cross-functional, integrated campaigns
- Client and team management experience
- Professional demeanor
- Proactive self-starter
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Meticulous attention to detail and organization
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as autonomously
- Can prioritize multiple tasks and manage time in a consistent manner
- Experience with coordinating vendors and external partners
- Resourceful and effective problem solver
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.