Detroit, Michigan, United States
At Weber Shandwick, our mission is to “solve.” More than ever, organizations turn to Weber Shandwick to deliver deeper impact. As client business models — and communications methods — adapt to new realities, we’re uniquely suited to bring diverse talents, global insights and pioneering instincts to deliver industry-defining work. We’re going beyond traditional lines to integrate social, digital, advertising, content, PR, corporate reputation and public affairs. We also see diversity and inclusion as more than a priority, but as a competitive advantage to bring diverse ideas and points of view to the table. So, we need different kinds of people with unique special talents to help us deliver on that promise.
Weber Shandwick is a global company with offices in more than 80 countries, so we offer the advantages of a big firm – from leading-edge research, sophisticated technology and the resources to invest in growth. But, at our heart, we still have the spirit of the small company we used to be – entrepreneurial, ambitious, warm and fun.
About the Role
Weber Shandwick is looking for a Designer to join our growing creative team working on a variety of design, branding, social media, PR and advertising projects. In this role, you will be expected to concept and create visual design solutions for a variety of problems ranging from presentation design to graphics to PR/advertising campaigns large and small.
The ability to collaborate with other creative partners and non-creative team members in the development of ideas and executions is fundamental to the role. Although the majority of our work is created for digital and mobile platforms, print jobs still come our way as well. Our office is based in St. Louis, but we’re looking for the right candidate, so we’re open to remote.
What you'll be doing:
- Ensure that each account team’s core PowerPoint presentations to clients are incredibly polished, visually tell a story rather than relying on words-on-a-slide, helping sell-in work and showcase our thinking. PowerPoint presentations can include original artwork, animation and energy.
- Use layout, design and typography skills to create PowerPoint presentations, templates and social assets
- Create and execute original, persuasive, conceptual and visually compelling design work in line with agency and brand standards, including (but not limited to): iconography, logos, guidelines, typography, illustration, printed materials, etc.
- From concept to execution, bring an enthusiasm for solving design and marketing challenges throughout the life of a project, and amid stakeholder revisions
- Have mastery of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Powerpoint, as well as emerging interactive design trends. Knowledge of AfterEffects, Sketch and HTML is a plus
- Be meticulous with design and execution and effectively communicate needs and challenges as they arise
- Work with Art Directors to create compelling visuals and bring conceptual tactics to life
- Use illustration and motion graphics skills to ideate and create short-form content for social media. Animation skills are not mandatory, but are a plus
- Produce print-ready assets that adhere to vendor specs
- Display an understanding of digital and interactive design principals; we do not produce many websites or mobile apps, but need someone who can speak to and define those UX/UI needs when necessary
What you'll bring:
- 2+ years’ work and/or internship experience (print and digital)
- Self-motivated entrepreneurial and endlessly curious
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manager your own time in a deadline-driven environment
- Possess a strong desire to learn and work on both large and small projects from conception through production
- Exceptional judgment when working with clients, teams and vendors
- Experience with social media platforms and a working knowledge of their best practices
- An interest in staying on top of emerging platforms, mobile design and development trends
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.