Manager, Media Relations — Freelance
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Weber Shandwick is seeking a Freelancer to support our Integrated Media team in Montréal
We are seeking a strong Freelancer to join our Integrated Media team. You love the thrill of the pitch, building relationships with media and influencers, and constantly immersing yourself in media, culture and business trends of client partners. We’re a passionate and diverse team which protects and promotes some of the world’s most iconic and beloved brands, organizations and companies – and aim to have fun while doing so!
- Collaborate with fellow team members to drive stellar media relations results aligned to client goals and audience targets across multi-platform media
- Develop and maintain outstanding media relationships and contribute to shared intelligence and savvy of broader agency Integrated Media team
- Monitor media, social, influencer and industry trends to proactively identify opportunities
- Help mitigate day-to-day issues directly and indirectly impacting clients
- Identify new outlets and platforms, and creative ways to propel earned-first story telling for client partners
- Offer solutions and perspective to peers, clients and media
- Approximately 5 years of experience, ideally in media relations role/environment.
- Strong understanding of the overall media and influencer landscape
- Proven ability to garner earned-first coverage and conversation on behalf of brands, organizations, companies or other institutions
- Established media relationships and illustrative examples of past success
- Strong written, verbal communication, presentation, collaboration and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with media databases, journalist-led tools and resources
- Understanding and familiarity with media relations tactics, practices, knowledge of media landscape
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.