Senior Associate, Client Experience
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Weber Shandwick Chicago has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Associate to join our consumer team. We are looking for a collaboration-minded person with excellent media relationships, account management, strategic planning and digital/social skills to help support a variety of accounts.
- Developing public relations action plans, goals, media targets and pitch angles that require input from senior team leadership
- Cultivate and enhance collaborative working relationships with media through regular communications
- Persuasively pitching media and securing high-profile coverage for clients
- Staying abreast of current industry news and trends, and sharing that information with account team members
- Developing and managing timelines and weekly action plans to ensure all deadlines on client programs are met
- Breaking down and managing detailed tasks with the account team associated with planning and implementing special public relations events such as press conferences and media trips
- Anticipating and proactively offering solutions to senior team leadership for executional issues specific to assigned programs
- Interacting with senior management and providing input into tactics and strategies
- Understanding client objectives and priorities to help shape story angles
- Researching and writing briefing materials for client executives
- Writing and editing press materials, key message documents, briefing materials, blog posts and pitch letters
- 3+ years of communications experience, preferably in an agency environment
- Strong media relations skills and relationships
- Excellent communication/presentation skills; verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- At least a Bachelor’s degree preferably in communications, journalism, international relations, or a related field
- Social media literacy with the ability to identify and recommend social program elements
- Ability to multi-task effectively and work within tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet deadlines and client expectations
- Confident and comfortable presenting in front of groups
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Best Places to Work in 2019 and was the only PR firm designated an Ad Age A-List Agency Standout in 2017 and 2018. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.