Account Director, Client Experience
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Account Director, Client Experience
We are looking to expand our Customer Experience team, who are at the forefront for growing our business. Our focus is on building the client’s business, the account relationship and expertise of our team. We’ll grow our client’s business and help solve challenges by selling ideas confidently, while keeping things simple, organized and clear, even in complex situations.
To help lead this, we’re looking for a strategic and smart Director who can consistently strengthen client relationships and bring game changing ideas and insights to life.
As Director, you’ll spearhead the strategy and development for integrated projects and campaigns. Your day to day role will include:
- Partnering with clients to develop their goals and marketing strategies, adding strategic value and ensuring that they get the best results from the full agency team
- Mobilizing the cross-functional internal team to facilitate the process of developing effective creative and media strategies and briefs that lead to great work
- Selling in new project ideas that align with client goals
- Displaying powerful presentation skills that invite participation and effect desired outcomes
- Ensuring work is client-ready by paying astute attention to detail
- Leading cross-capability teams to facilitate creative thinking and deliver powerful, integrated ideas that meet client objectives
- Serving as the voice of the client internally and the voice of the agency externally, acting as the trusted voice of the customer by bringing insights into creative strategy and marketing program development
- Identifying potential project risks and developing contingency plans
- Keeping sustainable, long-term client relationships by mitigating risk and ensuring account profitability
- Co-owning the financials for clients, including staffing and scoping requirements, forecasts, budgets and investments to ensure that key financial responsibilities are mutually understood and agreed upon
- Developing team members by coaching, training and identifying areas for growth
We’re looking for a talented Director with impressive work experience, which typically includes:
- Four (4) years of college education, and six (6) to eight (8) years of experience in a creative agency, including three (3) years of experience in integrated marketing and client relationship management with a digital scope; PR experience a plus
- Strong experience in managing client relationships, creative relationships and leading an integrated marketing team and developing digital strategy
- Ability to leverage insights, competitive analysis and proven methodology to establish credibility
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Unmatched communication and presentation skills demonstrating the ability to be articulate and engaging
- Effective time-management and project management skills with impeccable organization and the ability to be flexible based on client and business needs
- Proven project and performance management skills demonstrating the ability to coach and develop talent, as well as inspire and drive change while bringing varying groups together to collaborate effectively
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.