Senior Project Manager
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Senior Project Manager
Weber Shandwick is looking for a Senior Project Manager to join our Project Management team in our Chicago office. The ideal candidate is someone who can successfully manage multiple integrated projects across one or multiple accounts. This role partners with creative, strategy, account management and other internal teams to help drive best-in-class solutions for our clients.
- With autonomy, manages multiple medium-to large sized campaign projects on a tight timeline, with many stakeholders, functions and processes to abide by. Projects include analytics, strategy, creative, digital, social, video pre-production and post-production, and integrated campaigns.
- Sets expectations from the outset of a project, and when issues arise, finds solutions without compromising quality, team morale, or budget – turning challenging situations into wins.
- Manages deliverables to scope and internal budget reporting, leveraging agency reporting tools and templates. Routinely monitors financial performance of accounts reviewing monthly/bi-weekly/weekly time runs, managing time transfer process, and providing monthly burn report summary emails to senior leads identifying any opportunities and risks
- Partners with Senior Project Management lead and finance lead to help facilitate accurate and realistic staffing and financial forecasts; actively manages any forecast mitigation as needed
- Professionally manages engagements with account team partners, balancing quality and cost
- Develops project estimates and facilitates reviews with PM Leadership and Finance for approval
- Manages individual PO set up and invoice tracking for projects
- Partners with cross-practice leads to identify and manage resource needs
- Demonstrates strong, professional work ethic and financial acumen
- 7+ years of professional project management experience, preferably in digital/social media, public relations, advertising agency setting
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong financial management skills. Exposure to scoping, burn report tracking, and understanding of relationship when scheduling projects
- Fluency and/or familiarity with different types of programs and deliverables, such as creative ideation, social and digital, editorial content and partner management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate in written format and in meetings with internal team members across multiple disciplines
- Experience working closely with the implementation of an integrated media mix of paid, owned and earned programs
- Have excellent organization and time management skills
- Be a demonstrated self-starter and work well within a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary team
- Resilient mindset and a healthy sense of humor
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.