Senior Associate, Client Experience, Consumer
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Weber Shandwick Minneapolis has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Associate to join our Client Experience team working on B2C brands. We are looking for a proactive and collaboration-minded person with strong media relations skills and account management experience to lead and support strategic communications and earned media programs.
- Acting in a client-facing role by drafting client communications, actively participating in calls, managing updates and owning account management deliverables such as status reports and recap notes
- Developing and overseeing media relations programs, including understanding client objectives and priorities to help shape story angles
- Conducting national and local media relations outreach, securing coverage for clients, building relationships with media through regular communications, trendspotting for storytelling opportunities, overseeing pitch teams and creating strategic editorial calendars
- Writing and editing press materials, key message documents, briefing materials, blog posts and pitch letters
- Staying abreast of current industry news and trends, and sharing that information with account team members
- Developing and managing timelines and weekly action plans to ensure all deadlines on client programs are met
- Anticipating and proactively offering solutions to senior team leadership for executional issues specific to assigned programs
- Interacting with senior management and providing input into tactics and strategies
- 3+ years of communications experience, preferably in an agency environment
- Strong media relations skills and ability to develop media relationships
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external partners; verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- At least a Bachelor’s degree preferably in communications, journalism, international relations, or a related field
- Ability to multi-task effectively and work within tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet deadlines and client expectations
- Ability to find solutions, pivot quickly and adapt program efforts
- Confident and comfortable presenting in front of groups
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.