London, England, United Kingdom
Senior Analyst, Analytics
Weber Shandwick are excited to be expanding the insights team and looking for a Senior Analyst to join the team. The Senior Analyst will be part of the EMEA Global Intelligence (GI) hub and will be tasked on implementing a number of innovative approaches to solving business challenges to some of the biggest global brands across sectors; Google, YouTube, Nespresso, Unilever, Tinder, Polestar, Novartis, Sanofi, Roche, IBM, Microsoft, Amazon Prime Video, Spotify to name a few.
A key to the success of the insights team is its diversity. We have diverse backgrounds and expertise, speak many languages and bring this variety together in the work we do as a team. The Senior Analyst would have the opportunity to work with a range of global clients championing insight and analysis in decision-making to enable real business performance. There is a huge opportunity to grow professionally whilst learning from some brilliant thinkers in how to apply insights / analytics in a business context. Working with various data sources, analytics tools and proprietary models and methodologies, you’ll get exposure to clients, their business and communication challenges. We will provide you with a fulfilling, collaborative, and friendly place to work in, and with a plethora of training opportunities tailored to your career goals and interests.
What will you be doing?
We can promise you won't get bored! On a day-to-day basis as a team we channel our can-do attitude, critical thinking and analytical mind-sets to solve our client’s problems, provide inputs into strategy and see opportunities not visible without data and insights. Depending on scope and requirements we work together or individually to identify insights from large (big data, machine learning, sentiment analysis) and small data (research and panels). The type of analytics work we cover:
- Influencer and stakeholder identification
- Conversation analysis (social listening and media intelligence)
- Audience profiling, segmentation and journey mapping
- Website, campaign and multichannel reporting
- Bespoke modelling
- Reputation analysis
- Lexicon and search analysis
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
As a Senior Analyst primarily, you will be passionate and knowledgeable about everything that data has to offer, with a strong experience using analytics to deliver insights in this space.
- Translate specifications to an analytics plan
- Perform business analysis, data mining and visual storytelling
- Generate insightful reports for project deliverables
- Build relationships with colleagues from other functional teams (CX, Strategy, Creative)
Technical Ability & Innovation:
- Suggest efficiency improvements for analysis and delivery (approaches, processes)
- Suggest improved metrics (e.g., benchmarks)
- Data visualization tool expertise across most of: (Excel, Tableau, Google Data Studio, Domo, Datorama, etc.)
- Expertise in Social listening tools (Talkwalker, Audiense, Tagger, Quid)
Teaming and Collaboration:
- Mentor and leverage junior resources most effectively by giving them clear directions and productive input/feedback
- Collaborate across project teams within the department
Share best practices on client projects
- Collaborate with other functions (CX, Strategy, Creative) for insight generation
- Support new business development efforts
- Actively manage timeline and progress
- Manage expectation with others involved in the project (within and outside of GI) as needed
Who are you?
We are looking for a Senior Analyst with demonstrable experience and keen to work in the media, digital and or social domain. Skills needed:
- A team player, encouraging and supportive of others
- Analytical and numerate with the ability to learn fast and share knowledge with others
- A curious appetite and a problem-solving mentality
- Confident presenting to cross functional teams and clients
- Experience with either reporting, social media monitoring or digital tools such as: TalkWalker, Sysomos, Brandwatch, Visible, Spredfast, Crimson Hexagon, Quid, GWI, TGI, Tubular and Audiense
- Strong experience manipulating data (Excel, Python or other)
- Strong experience summarising and visualising data into an engaging form
- Good understanding of business challenges and related KPIs
- An enthusiasm for challenge, innovation and learning new skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Someone who enjoys a fast-paced environment
Why would you join Weber Shandwick?
- We will provide you with a fulfilling, collaborative, and friendly place to work in
- You will develop innovative solutions and add value-driven, data-driven decisions
- You will get to work across different teams, clients and industries offering you a unique insight on how different business work
- We have a culture of sharing best practice across our methodologies and products
- You’ll get to work with different tools and different methodologies, some you might know and some which will be new to you
- We have a brand-new office that we’re excited to get back to, and when we do, we continue to promote flexible working allowing for a good home-work life balance
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.