Account Supervisor, Social Impact (Media Relations)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Manager, Integrated Media
Weber Shandwick’s award-winning, global Social Impact team delivers innovative strategies and creative campaigns for purpose-driven brands and organizations around the world, prioritizing engagement and impact above all else.
Working with clients across private, public and social sectors, we know what it takes to move people from awareness to action. We bring deep subject matter expertise in purpose leadership, plus issues spanning global health and development, sustainability, education and social justice. Our integrated campaigns position clients as change leaders, amplifying a core purpose and sparking social progress.
We Are Seeking…
We are seeking an Account Manager who understands how to leverage the power of creative communications to drive business and social progress – and who is energized about opportunities to build campaigns that bring complex ideas to life, raise awareness, drive advocacy and have an impact.
The manager is a proven media relations strategist, with a passion for public affairs and social change. In addition to setting and executing media relations strategy, this manager is a creative thinker with digital savvy committed to finding the right solutions for clients’ challenges.
- Develop and execute strategic, purpose-driven communications plans for both traditional PR, content creation, influencer engagement, advocacy, paid media, and social media programs
- Manage the day-to-day implementation of projects, timelines, and budgets on multiple accounts and/or work streams
- Provide strategic, research-based counsel to clients and global integrated team, offering perspective and ideas that advance smart, strategic, and creative purpose-driven work
- Develop content including integrated communications plans, fact sheets, talking points, executive remarks, opinion pieces, message architectures, etc. to align with strategy and audience needs
- Develop and sustain relationships with national, regional, and local media reporters for both proactive and reactive opportunities
- Coordinate and contribute to global account measurement and analytics program
- Support finance management
- Contribute to agency thought leadership efforts and assist with new business
- Other responsibilities as assigned
What We Are Looking For
- A proactive and hands-on candidate who can organize projects, collaborate with team members, counsel clients and operate multi-faceted programs in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with clients and internal team members across multiple levels and markets
- Strong understanding of – and passion for – the social impact space and key issues that matter today, especially diversity, equity and inclusion, and climate change and environmental sustainability
- Exceptional media relations experience, helping to drive media strategy, securing media coverage for clients and cultivating relationships with reporters across a range of issue areas
- Ability to contribute to research, strategic planning, development, and execution of integrated marketing programs
- Strong understanding of new PR tools, especially in the digital and social media realm
- Exceptional judgment and ability to think critically when working with team members, clients, and partners
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Strong time management skills with the demonstrated ability to prioritize across complex projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- BA or BS in Journalism, Public Affairs, International Development or related field
- Minimum of 3-4 years of related communications experience required; agency experience preferred
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.