Vice President, Strategic Planning
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
VP of STRATEGIC PLANNING, HEALTHCARE
If you’re an amazing creative strategist with a passion for healthcare, we should talk. Weber Shandwick DC is looking for a VP of Strategic Planning, Healthcare to fuel the creative strategy for a range of high-profile accounts, from a major public health initiative to promote vaccines, to a national public health insurance enrollment marketing campaign. DC area residency is a plus, but not required.
About you: You are endlessly curious about consumer mindsets and the drivers of behavior change. You’re savvy to the nuances of politics. You think and write clearly, and you understand diverse media platforms and technology. You are able to frame a problem, develop succinct “ah ha” insights, and explain what it all means in a compelling story. You’re open-minded, battle-tested, inclusive and empathetic. And you can quickly pivot with the unpredictability of today’s political and public health environments.
This is a month-in-the-life:
- Drive the strategic development and iterative evolution of a major public health campaign
- Develop creative briefs for Public Service Announcements (PSAs), digital campaigns and earned media activations
- Assist in the crafting and evaluation of primary quantitative and qualitative research to segment audiences, identify influencers and uncover insights
- Collaborate with precision marketing data partners and internal and external agency partners
- Read endlessly and understand fast-moving public health and political issues
- Leverage emerging insights and events to re-shape assignments, and optimize campaign strategies based on performance data
- Develop and present clear and engaging client reports and presentations
- Use subscription data tools like MRI, Talkwalker, Mintel and others, when it makes sense, and gets scrappy the rest of the time
- Actively contribute to client meetings, creative brainstorms and strategy sessions
- Cultivate fruitful relationships with key decision-makers across the business including creative and digital strategists, research/analytics experts, and account teams
- Serve as a senior member of the strategic planning team, and mentor talented and eager junior staff
Moving beyond public relations, our creators, strategists and technologists craft campaigns that do more than grab attention – they demand interaction, generating long-term value for our clients around the world. Weber Shandwick was named PRovoke’s 2020 Agency of the Decade and to Ad Age’s 2020 Agency A-List. Our (now remote) Washington office houses our social impact and public affairs practices, along with a diverse mix of subject matter experts and digital, creative and insight leaders.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.