Washington, District of Columbia, United States
We’re looking for a talented Copywriter to join our team in Washington, DC in person or remotely. Working alongside an Art Director, this Copywriter will spend most of their time working toward a variety of creative objectives on behalf of a range of clients across industries including public health and healthcare.
Whether driving a big project (a multi-channel campaign) or handling a small task (a social post), we need a nimble copywriter who consistently delivers exciting, cutting-edge, brand-focused writing for various digital and print projects. If there's a medium that gets people engaged in our brands’ stories, we play in that space. We look for well-rounded, immersive creators who are able to adapt to any platform or media to tell a great story.
The candidate must be comfortable directly engaging with clients and bringing their creative ideas to life. Working with some of the most talented designers and art directors, this candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Help drive overall creative direction for key clients.
- Craft overall campaign messaging direction, maintaining consistency.
- Write short- and long-form copy including concept manifesto, digital/social copy, video script, pitch documents and a range of campaign material.
- Adhere to multiple brand voices, often in the same day.
- Mentor junior writers.
- Take direction and work collaboratively with colleagues across teams.
- Help develop long-term creative plans and recommendations for client objectives.
- Join client meetings, brainstorms and planning sessions for ongoing projects.
- Build and maintain strong rapport with creative team colleagues, client leads and project managers.
- Cultivate an inclusive culture as a part of the team that values trust, honesty, and team accountability towards defined goals and results
- 5+ years of copywriting experience in a related agency, department or industry (advertising, digital, social media, publishing/content or public relations).
- Prior healthcare/public health experience
- Must have a portfolio (share anything that conveys the way you think or approach assignments, even if it was never produced).
- Be curious, self-motivated, hard-working, well-organized, thick skinned and resilient to ever-changing timelines, requests, and deliverables.
- Ongoing drive to learn and incorporate new and emerging techniques, trends and philosophies in design, technology, interaction and social media.
- Advanced knowledge of brand development, marketing/advertising, and the creative process.
- Knowing what makes for compelling work – be it on social platforms, in video, or in launch ideas that get talked about, reported on, and pointed to by other agencies with an “I wish we’d thought to do that” envy.
- Ability to effectively communicate through any medium (a script, a tweet, a pin, a manifesto, a speech).
- Experience managing junior creatives and working closely with art directors and designers.
NOTE: If you are selected for an interview, please come prepared to discuss and showcase your copywriting skills, and walk through your conceptual/strategic creative approach to assignments (show us how your brain works). Use whatever work or case studies necessary to best represent these areas of expertise.
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications and marketing services firm in 78 cities with a network extending to 128 cities around the world. The firm’s diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work. Weber Shandwick was the only public relations agency included on the Advertising Age Agency A-list in 2014 and 2015 and the only PR firm designated an A-List Agency Standout in 2017 and 2018. Weber Shandwick was honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, The Holmes Report’s Global Agency of the Year in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2017, and The Holmes Report’s Global Digital Agency of the Year in 2016. The firm deploys deep expertise across sectors and specialty areas, including consumer marketing, corporate reputation, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, employee engagement, social impact, financial communications and crisis management, using proprietary social, digital and analytics methodologies. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.