Vice President, Media Relations
New York, New York, United States
Weber Shandwick is looking for a Vice President, Media Relations with Corpsumer experience to join our consumer team in New York.
We Are Seeking:
We are seeking a passionate Corpsumer media guru Vice President to join our Media Relations team within our Consumer Practice – working across large CPG brands! You love the thrill of the pitch, building relationships with media, and constantly immersing yourself in pop culture/trends.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Crafting and telling compelling stories
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with national and regional technology reporters
- Counseling junior members of the team to effectively work with the media
- Allocating agency resources in accordance with our client's budget
- Bringing a client-focused attitude that results in work being performed to the highest quality standards
- Proven aptitude to solve problems, handle crises, and make quick decisions with incomplete information
- Exceptional client service record with ability to counsel and interact effectively with senior management at client organizations
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to craft strategy for new business presentations
What We’re Looking For:
- Senior lifestyle/CPG/Food+Beverage media strategist with a minimum of 8-10+ years of experience in both Corporate Media relations (thought leadership, social impact/CSR/Sustainability, executive visibility, media training for c-suite) and consumer/product strategy.
- Experience in other verticals such as corporate, social impact, tech or healthcare is a bonus but not required
- BA or BS in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field
- Client interaction, media relations and product knowledge
- Working in and/or with large, marketing-oriented companies
- Effective team supervision and leadership
- Excellent communication/presentation skills; verbal and written
- Several close relationships with top-tier lifestyle media at the national level and a history of successful placements.
- Management of earned media campaigns including thought leadership, product launches, business campaigns (M&A, etc.)
- Ability to counsel senior clients and their executives with flawless earned media strategy
- Ability to media train senior clients
- Can integrate earned media strategy seamlessly with digital, social and paid
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.