Senior Data Scientist
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Senior Data Scientist
Weber Shandwick is seeking a talented Senior Data Scientist to join our team in Washington, DC. You will be joining a team of business strategists, data scientists and data engineers to build large-scale innovative data solutions.
The Senior Data Scientist will design, build, test, and implement data solutions that support clients’ Enterprise Analytics teams as well as Weber Shandwick’s internal strategy, creative and media planning teams. The role will work closely with business strategists and data engineers to ensure the platform meets business demands.
- Creative out-of-the-box thinker who will drive innovation.
- Work with business strategists and client leads to obtain a greater understanding of the needs of the business and the types of solutions that supports business goals.
- Design and build innovative data solutions, utilizing ML, NPL, deep learning and graph analytics.
- Build data pipelines and Python-based ETL tools for acquiring, processing, and delivering data.
- Deploy data solutions on cloud platforms, including data ingestion, processing, storage, analytics integration and front-end development, ensuring best practices, efficiency, scalability, low cost.
- Lead projects and mentor junior team members.
- Master’s degree in statistics, computer science, math, engineering or related STEM degree
- 3+ years of experience as a data scientist, ML engineer or similar role
- 3+ years backend development experience with Python, R or equivalent
- Experience with AWS or Google Cloud Platform (GCP strongly preferred)
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to lead projects independently and manage junior staff
- Experience in marketing analytics, advertising, and ad tech
- Experience working in a consultative setting
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications and engagement firm in 80 cities across 34 countries, with a network extending to 128 cities in 81 countries. The firm’s diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work. Weber Shandwick was the only public relations agency included on the Advertising AgeAgency A-list in 2014 and 2015 and the only PR firm designated an A-List Agency Standout in 2017. Weber Shandwick was honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016 and 2017, The Holmes Report’s Global Agency of the Year in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2017, and The Holmes Report’sGlobal Digital Agency of the Year in 2016.
The firm deploys deep expertise across sectors and specialty areas, including consumer marketing, corporate reputation, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, employee engagement, social impact, financial communications and crisis management, using proprietary social, digital and analytics methodologies. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.