Account Supervisor, Media Relations
New York, New York, United States
Weber Shandwick is looking for an Account Supervisor to join our Consumer Media Relations group working on award winning brands within our CPG/Lifestyle/Beer/Spirits portfolio!
You love the thrill of the pitch, building relationships with media, and constantly immersing yourself in media, culture and business trends of client partners. We’re a passionate and diverse team which protects and promotes some of the world’s most iconic and beloved brands, organizations and companies – and aim to have fun while doing so!
We seek a team player to help us tell compelling stories for client partners through innovative and integrated earned-first media strategies and activations. You’ll be part of an integrated media team of media relations experts, platform experts and former journalists which works regularly with colleagues across our extensive network and on a variety of assignments.
- Collaborate with fellow team members to drive stellar media relations results aligned to client goals and audience targets across multi-platform media
- Develop and maintain outstanding media relationships and contribute to shared intelligence and savvy of broader agency Integrated Media team
- Monitor media, social, influencer and industry trends to proactively identify opportunities
- Help mitigate day-to-day issues directly and indirectly impacting clients
- Identify new outlets and platforms, and creative ways to propel earned-first story telling for client partners
- Offer solutions and perspective to peers, clients and media
- Manage time and responsibilities in often fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Assist with new business opportunities
- Take an active role at least some of the myriad office and out-of-office cultural, learning and career-development opportunities
- Approximately 5 years of experience, ideally in media relations role/environment. Agency experienced preferred, by not required
- Strong understanding of the overall media landscape
- Proven ability to garner earned-first coverage and conversation on behalf of brands, organizations, companies or other institutions
- Established media relationships and illustrative examples of past success
- Ability to work effectively with integrated agency teams
- Bachelor’s degree in communication or a related discipline
- Strong written, verbal communication, presentation, collaboration and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with media databases, journalist-led tools and resources
- Understanding and familiarity with media relations tactics, practices, knowledge of media landscape
- Business Acumen – Align to client business goals to help drive business goals
- Client Service – Client focus and ability to build trust and rapport across all levels
- Proactivity – Exhibit relentless pursuit for new and innovative strategies and solutions
- Collaboration – Build strong relationships across Integrated Media team and the organization
- Critical Thinking – Ask probing questions; anticipate and share your perceptive
- Conflict Resolution – Possess sound judgment and savvy in navigating and resolving issues
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.