Account Director, Client Experience, Tech
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
The Minneapolis office of Weber Shandwick is looking for an account leader to join our B2B/technology practice to drive key client programs. In this role, you will be responsible for thinking across channel and discipline to manage integrated engagements that are strategically rooted in our clients’ business and brought to life through creative earned, owned and paid activations. You’ll participate in new business development, engage with clients and colleagues around the world, help develop junior team members, and establish trusting relationships with clients.
Essential Leadership Competencies and Attributes:
- Demonstrated comfort and familiarity with B2B/technology topics.
- A proven track record of integrated account management and program execution with B2B clients.
- Ability to intelligently navigate earned, owned, and paid channels, and confidently make strategically sound recommendations to benefit the client.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly win client confidence and assume day-to-day management of significant ongoing projects/work streams.
- Work effectively with senior leadership on your accounts, whether they are based in Minneapolis or other Weber Shandwick offices, and represent account leaders as a strong #2 as needed.
- Build a strong team that delivers for the client, managing across other practice groups or specialty capabilities in the Weber Shandwick network for the good of the client.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build strong relationships across the agency’s strategic planning, creative, integrated media and other disciplines to successfully develop and execute innovative client programs
- Build strong peer-to-peer relationships with clients
- Effectively manage account priorities and activity against a defined budget
- Prepare for and lead client meetings and presentations
- Balance workload between accounts and account staff
- Participate in and help lead new business activities
- BA or BS in Journalism, Business, Communications or related degree
- Proven success in delivering communications results for B2B technology companies (Agency-side experience a big plus, but not essential.)
- Strong earned media experience and relationships across top-tier business and technology outlets
- Strong verbal and written communications, team management and client management skills
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.