Senior Business Affairs Manager
Chicago, Illinois, United States
The Production Business Manager is responsible for partnering with the Account, Creative and Producer to bid, estimate, contract and to assist in the production of all agency broadcast/film productions. This position reports into the Producers.
- Manage the Agency’s production process to ensure an efficient, reliable and accurate workflow.
- Responsible for managing all negotiations, contracts and payments as it relates to production and talent.
- Work closely with producers, creatives and account teams to review work, resolve issues, and provide solutions.
- Closely review commercial and content concepts/scripts to advise on hiring talent, securing third party rights and ultimately contracting with all third parties and all performers: actors, voice overs, musicians, etc.
- Actively manage client budgets and provide solutions to help stay within client budget while producing best creative work.
- Review and write performer contracts, screen finished commercials to ensure all rights obtained, develop final cast reports and renegotiate contracts when necessary.
- Work closely with influencer team when dealing with SAG talent to ensure we are following rules/regulations.
- Manage and keep track of all stock licensing, stock accounts, air table, etc.
- Monitor use rights expiration for talent, stock, etc.
- Manage production team media library
- 5-7 Years of experience as a Production/Talent Mgr.
- Experience with interactive, non-broadcast and offshore productions is a plus.
- Innovative thinking is essential to manage the quickly evolving production environment and new media opportunities.
- Experience with administering celebrity contracts and music licenses.
- Able to build strong relationships in a team environment and see the bigger picture while not missing any of the details. Able to keep pace within our fast-paced and creative surroundings.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.