Chicago, Illinois, United States
Weber Shandwick is seeking a talented Senior Copywriter to join our team in Chicago.
Working alongside Senior Art Director and a fully integrated digital/social marketing team, this Senior Copywriter will spend most of their time working toward a variety of creative objectives supporting multiple brands across a single, large-scale account.
Whether driving a big project (a multi-channel campaign) or handling a small task (a social post), we need a nimble copywriter who consistently delivers exciting, cutting-edge, brand-focused writing for various digital, social and e-tail assignments. If there's a medium that gets people engaged in our brands’ stories, we play in that space. We look for well-rounded, immersive creators who are able to adapt to any platform or media to tell a great story.
The candidate must be comfortable directly engaging with clients and bringing their creative ideas to life. Working with some of the most talented designers and art directors, this candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Help drive overall creative direction for key clients.
- Craft overall messaging direction and maintaining consistency.
- Write short- and long-form copy including concept manifesto, digital/social copy, video script, pitch documents and a range of campaign support material.
- Adhere to multiple brand voices, often in the same day.
- Mentor junior writers.
- Take direction and work collaboratively with colleagues across teams.
- Help develop long-term creative plans and recommendations for client objectives.
- Join client meetings, brainstorms and planning sessions for ongoing projects.
- Build and maintain strong rapport with creative team colleagues, client leads and project managers.
- 5+ years of copywriting experience in a related agency or department (advertising, digital, social media, publishing/content or public relations).
- Must have a portfolio (share anything that conveys the way you think or approach assignments, even if it was never produced).
- Be curious, self-motivated, hard-working, well-organized, thick skinned and resilient to ever-changing timelines, requests, and deliverables.
- Ongoing drive to understand emerging techniques, trends and philosophies in design, technology, interaction and social media.
- Advanced knowledge of brand development, marketing/advertising, and the creative process.
- Prior telecom industry experience a plus.
- Knowing what makes for compelling work – be it on social platforms, in video, or in launch ideas that get talked about, reported on, and pointed to by other agencies with an “I wish we’d thought to do that” envy.
- Ability to effectively communicate through any medium (a script, a tweet, a pin, a manifesto, an email).
- Experience managing junior creatives and working closely with art directors and designers.
NOTE: If you are selected for a virtual interview, please come prepared to discuss and showcase your copywriting skills, and walk through your conceptual/strategic creative approach to assignments (help us understand how your brain works). Use whatever work or case studies necessary to best represent these areas of expertise.
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.