Senior Data Analyst
New York, New York, United States
Senior Data Analyst:
We Are Seeking:
The Senior Data Analyst will join the Global Intelligence team to deliver on a series of domestic and international projects core to the marketing and communications objectives of our clients.
The position will directly report to the EVP of Applied Data Science, and will support teams across all North American practice areas and lead Weber Shandwick’s most complex International analytics work.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work with Business SMEs to obtain a greater understanding of the needs of the business and the types of analysis that support business goals
- Work with data providers, client data owners and design teams to create the technical specifications and execution methods
- Work with business analysts to define/refine the functional specifications, including the required processes & procedures required to address the business problems we’re solving for
- Ingest, clean, and transform short- and long-form text data
- Build data pipelines and deploy data integration solutions
- Significant analysis of large volumes of text-based data from social listening platforms
- Develop scripts to enable Natural Language Processing (NLP) solutions to support analysis
- Build, Train and test machine learning models for descriptive and predictive analyses
- Use client’s, or our own, standard data analysis and data integration tools and technologies to operationalize the solution
- Ability to deploy solutions to “the cloud” and schedule/automate ETL jobs for continued processing
- Bridge the gap between business SMEs, business analysts, and data scientists to design overall solutions to solve business problems (may be done in conjunction with a Business Analyst)
- Design, develop and present internal training, to educate practitioners (other data analysts, data scientists, business analysts with a “technical bent”) on data analyst roles and how they integrate in the Global Intelligence solution
- Professional speaking engagements (conferences, seminars, etc.) to discuss Weber Shandwick’s thought leadership and represent WS to the broader analyst community
What We Are Looking For:
- As a key player in our organization, you will focus on contributing to complex multi-continental engagements and liaise with global executives at top performing organizations. The work we do is unique and requires a synthesis of many diverse data points, methodologies and perspectives to create differentiated analyses for our clients. We operate with a very lean structure built on mutual accountability.
- We are seeking a talented team member to work with a small but entrepreneurial group to leverage our proprietary tools and data sets to provide unique insights to the world’s leading telecom, energy, fashion, beauty, CPG, jewelry, beverage, auto and e-commerce brands.
- Advanced degree with major in STEM or other quantitative field
- Ability to manipulate and leverage large scale data with scripting language such as python
- Ability to build ETL data pipelines for API integrations
- Strong capacity to translate data and research into strategic insights and recommendations
- 1-3 years of full-time experience
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.