Client Finance Intern
New York, New York, United States
Client Finance Intern
We are looking for a Finance Intern who will approach work with a sense of possibility and see challenges as opportunities for creative problem solving; take initiative to explore issues and find potential innovative solutions. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, ambitious individual who takes pride in the work they produce. Finance Interns will report to the Finance Directors with exposure to the EVP, Global Client Finance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with the job setup process to ensure job codes are setup timely and in accordance with the SOW
- Assist in ensuring client billing is accurate, timely, and in accordance with deal terms by working closely with the billing team in Omaha (i.e. a clear understanding of Omaha’s ways of working and the various job set up options in SAP)
- Maintain and update client billing trackers with understanding of how it ties to WIP, AP, and AR reporting (e.g. ‘Actuals’ vs ‘Invoiced’)
- Assist in updating brand and client level burn reporting on a monthly basis while understanding how it impacts portfolio-level revenue tracking
- Creation and maintenance of Excel-based financial reports
- Generate reports and analyses from SAP and BW on an as-needed basis
- Help prepare materials for both internal and client meetings • Support team with other ad-hoc requests, special projects and process improvements as needed
- Current or recent undergraduate majoring in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Math
- Proficiency in Excel (creating and using complicated spreadsheets are part of everyday work), SAP knowledge is a plus
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, detail-oriented
- Sophisticated time management skills, follows through on multiple projects and juggles conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.