PR Associate Director – Corporate / B2B Energy Specialist
London, England, United Kingdom
Weber Shandwick is looking for a talented B2B Associate Director with deep energy industry expertise, specifically covering the energy transition, the complex future of oil & gas and renewables. Public affairs knowledge in this space is a welcome bonus.
The successful candidate will join the London B2B practice, a dedicated and smart team driving creative, impactful marketing and communications solutions for clients.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced practitioner who is curious, ambitious, proactive and friendly. They will have executed integrated campaigns involving earned media, strategy, creative, analytics and digital.
You’ll lead the day-to-day running of a multinational mixed energy company’s extensive UK activity, provide counsel, supporting the development of campaign and media strategies, manage budgets, and manage the flawless execution of activities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide high-level strategic counsel to Communications Directors and the C-Suite around the perception-challenging and changing issues affecting the energy industry, translating that insight into impactful campaign and story ideas
- Lead multi-disciplinary account teams in the development of strategy, creative campaigns and supporting materials for use in the UK and beyond, as well as multi-market coordination
- Help the client navigate the changing communications landscape, identifying opportunities to innovate and drive more impact
- Deliver high-level media insights and strategy
- Act as a facilitator, bringing in specialist practitioners within the B2B practice and throughout our UK offices to support in the delivery of integrated communications campaigns
- Draft copy to an exceptionally high standard while also editing and overseeing the quality of all other content produced by teams
- Demonstrate proficiency in understanding communications and business goals, and the ability to link team efforts to these in order to demonstrate value and impact for clients
- Work effectively with finance colleagues to be fully responsible for client budgets and resource management, including forecasting, hours allocation for team members, project and plan budgeting, managing servicing levels
- Identify potential leads and areas of growth within the client
The skills/experience/qualities you’ll have:
- A minimum of seven years’ experience in B2B PR or marketing
- An interest in the complex world of B2B – in fact, an interest in the world full stop. The B2B team is an incredibly curious one, with interests spanning tech, sustainability, education, politics and more. We use this to bring fresh perspective, helping tell B2B stories through the lens of so many other industries
- Proficiency in both media relations and the delivery of an exceptional client experience
- A comprehensive roster of journalist contacts with energy sector beats at titles covering international, national and trade/vertical sector publications
- A proven ability to manage large and multi-market teams to deliver work of the highest quality
- Experience working with multiple disciplines and specialists to deliver integrated campaigns
- Mastery in copywriting a range of external and media materials including press releases, key message documents, pitches, social media content, etc.
- Familiarity with quantitative analytics and an ability to set and evaluate campaign metrics
- Strong presentation skills and a desire and experience being involved in new business pitching
- Experience developing and managing campaigns and being a day-to-day lead for clients, with a track record of providing strategic counsel
- Be an excellent communicator and possess exceptional writing skills, particularly the ability to digest complex information and turn it into compelling, understandable written copy
- A proactive approach to identifying opportunities for the client, practice and team
- Attentive to detail and quality
- Fluency in Microsoft programs and digital/social media platforms, tools and solutions
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Ambitious with an entrepreneurial streak
Who are we?
Weber Shandwick is one of the world's leading global public relations firms. With offices in 79 cities and a network extending to 129 cities on 6 continents (we’re coming for you, Antarctica), Weber Shandwick is proud to meet the world’s challenges head-on. We activate our global reach for local causes and multinational brands alike, and we’re always ready for more problems to solve.
Weber Shandwick’s B2B practice in London is a stand-out team made up of media specialists, client experience leaders, content experts, copywriters, creatives, strategists and data geeks. A team with many different skills, we’re united by a passion for deeply understanding complex business challenges and using the power of smart communications to help solve them. Crafting stories that resonate and incite real, measurable change is at the heart of everything we do. Oh, and we like to have a lot of fun together while we do it.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.