Senior Vice President: Health Policy & Advocacy
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Senior Vice President: Health Policy & Advocacy
Are you looking to help build a best-in-class healthcare team within a fast-paced, dynamic global agency? Do you want the opportunity to develop award-winning work on behalf of leading companies and a range of clients focused on complex healthcare issues – spanning access, drug pricing, product communications, global health, infectious diseases, wellness and more?
If so, we may have the perfect role for you: SVP Health Policy & Advocacy.
About the Role
The Senior Vice President will set the standard for excellence in integrated healthcare communications, fueling bold and creative client work that drives impact, while opening pathways for team learning, development and growth. This leader will collaborate closely with other DC healthcare team senior leaders and issue experts from DC’s key focus areas, including corporate, public affairs and social impact, as well as strategy and planning, digital innovation, creative and analytics. The person will also seamlessly integrate into broader Weber network-wide efforts, whether client engagements or new business pursuits.
We are looking for someone who sees patterns that others don’t, who pushes for innovation, and who is constantly curious about what’s next in healthcare, and in what drives people to action. Someone who is savvy about how to shape winning healthcare public affairs strategies and craft patient advocacy programs.
Most importantly, we are looking for someone who wants to put their strategic skills to work driving engagement for healthcare clients and on important issues, who is highly collaborative, and who is excited about growing work in the health policy space.
- Engage deeply in our business as a senior counselor and project lead for top-tier healthcare clients
- Be an active leader in the DC healthcare practice to shape its future and growth
- Manage several direct reports, ensuring successful performance and growth
- Collaborate with senior colleagues to guide career development plans for staff
- Collaborate with North America and global healthcare teams to guide the future of Weber Shandwick and Powell Tate’s healthcare offering
- Develop campaign concepts and strategies and translate them into actionable plans with a focus on data-driven strategies with measureable ROI
- Contribute to accelerating the DC office’s healthcare offerings in response to changing market trends and patient, provider and regulatory issues
- Contribute to company-wide insight on emerging trends and developments as they impact the healthcare sector
- Lead and participate in new business pitch development and presentations in DC and across the network to drive growth
- Engage as an industry thought leader, both internally and externally
- A minimum of 12+ years of experience leading cutting-edge communications programs across a diverse set of healthcare policy issues and clients, ideally with pharmaceutical clients
- Savvy in presenting strategic recommendations and establishing trusted relationships
- Superb management skills to allocate resources effectively, guide teams and deliver excellent, complex integrated programs in a timely manner
- Proven experience managing and mentoring staff and working collaboratively in a team setting
- Strong command of how paid, owned and earned media intersect, and the increasing role of data analytics in communications programming
- Solid working knowledge of technology and platforms, particularly the implications of emerging technology in the healthcare industry
- Full understanding of regulatory guidelines & governance requirements
- Strong understanding of the health policy landscape and the political environment in which those policies are developed, debated and implemented
- Experience implementing branded and unbranded social campaigns
- Ability to assess feasibility of an idea or creative concept in a regulatory environment
- Connected within the healthcare industry across patient, provider and trade associations
- Exercises exceptional judgment when working with team members, clients and vendors.
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.