Consumer Media Relations Intern
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Are you creative and daring? Are you digitally savvy? Do you love to collaborate and bring big ideas to life? Then, the Weber Shandwick St. Louis office is looking for you to be our next Integrated Media Consumer Intern.
What is ‘Integrated Media’? It’s a little bit of everything. You’ll be part of teams that:
- Develop digital-first campaigns on social media
- Build relationships with journalists to tell the best stories for your clients
- Tell brand stories as part of a team of editors and former journalists
- … to name a few
From creative ideation to execution, Weber Shandwick’s Integrated Media interns form the foundation of a talented team that generates groundbreaking, award-winning programs. During the program, you’ll work on campaigns for iconic brands and companies you’re likely to encounter every single day.
What you'll do:
- Create: Written words, social posts, compelling content
- Monitor: Track brands in traditional and social media
- Hustle: Pitch stories to media, develop media lists
- Research: Analyze brands using various resources
- Plan: Assist in event coordination and logistics
What we’re looking for from you:
- Thinking: Do it out of the box. Actually, it’s best if you’re wholly unfamiliar with the concept of boxes
- Digital: Know all the old school and the latest social media platforms, what brands are doing on them and what they should do next
- Communication: Speak, write and edit succinctly and compellingly
- Management: Meet deadlines, put out fires and multi-task. Work fast, and work well
- Social: Play nice, whether it’s in a team, with a team or independently
- Technical: Know Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Familiarity with platforms like Hootsuite, TweetDeck, Adobe Creative Suite, Cision and TVEyes is a plus
- Spark: Competence isn’t enough. Set yourself apart with something unignorably awesome
- Engage: Share big ideas in brainstorms and with teams
What you'll get from us:
- Trainings and coaching: We host intern workshops and ongoing trainings to introduce you to the latest and greatest in the industry – traditionally in-person but now remote due to COVID-19
- Support: While you navigate the WFH landscape, you’ll have regular check-ins, calls and touchpoints with your teams and the whole office to feel connected in our now all-virtual world
- Mentor: You’ll be paired with someone in the office to mentor you and help you navigate the waters
- Learning & Development: Keep sharp and learn all the new skills with access to trainings and tutorials through complimentary access to Lynda.com as a WS employee
- A large reach: Experience working with colleagues across the Weber Shandwick network
- A possible career: Internships have the possibility of growing into a Junior Associate position
- A paycheck!
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.