Account Director, Client Experience, Public Affairs
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Account Director, CLIENT EXPERIENCE, PUBLIC AFFAIRS
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Weber Shandwick, – a leading global communications network – is currently seeking an Account Director to join its Public Affairs team in the Minneapolis office.
The Account Director will be responsible for all aspects of a client relationship and account team. You will supervise major pieces of business with multiple work streams and team members. Other responsibilities include recommending programs and activities, coordinating with clients’ goals, effectively delegating projects, offering counsel to team members, and allocating agency resources to match client budgets.
We are looking for someone with public affairs and external communications experience, a passion for working across a wide variety of accounts and work streams, and the ability to anticipate client and team needs, contribute to strategy, develop content and materials, create messaging, and conduct media outreach. The ideal candidate will have a background in and enthusiasm for public affairs, government, policy, advocacy, and/or political campaigns and established contacts in those areas.
Candidates must be driven, poised and team-oriented. They will have an understanding of and interest in the U.S. political landscape at the federal, state and local levels, as well as the intersection of earned, paid, and owned media. A demonstrated ability to learn issues quickly and communicate effectively is required.
- Leading all aspects of a client relationship and account team working on multiple integrated public affairs and issues management work streams, including across highly regulated industries such as healthcare and financial services.
- Support development of public affairs and media relations plans, including goals and objectives, media strategy, and stakeholder engagement approaches that require input from mid-level to senior team leadership.
- Overseeing stakeholder research and analysis to inform stakeholder engagement and public affairs strategies, and support drafting and development of written content for stakeholders.
- Serving as a role model to other team members, producing high quality work and continually updating account leads on progress of activities.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in public affairs, communications, journalism, international relations, political science, or other related field.
- 7-10 years integrated communications experience, preferably in an agency and/or a public affairs, government, policy, advocacy, or political campaign environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications/presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and project and time management skills.
- Aptitude to work both independently and in a team setting with colleagues at all levels.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and judgment when working with team members, client contacts, and vendors.
- A strong passion and interest in news and information related to policy/political issues.
- Resilient mindset, deep curiosity, willingness to learn new skills and information, and a healthy sense of humor.
- Familiarity with public affairs landscape in Minnesota.
- Commitment to maintaining and contributing to a workplace founded on respect, equity, and inclusion.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.