New York, New York, United States
The Senior Strategist will work to architect powerful business driving communications strategies. The ideal candidate is an insightful thinker who immerses themselves in a category, loves to understand what drives consumers to act and is relentless about finding unexpected insights to drive communications forward.
In this role, you will be involved in all elements of brand strategy including creating and analyzing data and market trends, shaping market research, and developing impactful insights and strategies that solve brand challenges.
- Advances abilities to lead select engagements -with supervision and guidance from a senior member the Strategic Planning department.
- Acquires professional, mature presence in the team and client relationship, and shows strong presentation skills.
- Proactively identifies potential challenges with the research plan, creative brief, making recommendations for improvement prior to completion.
- Initiates and helps to execute strategic process, from research plan to creative brief, for approval from more senior leads. Supports client projects/ assignments.
- Mine data, research, and intelligence reports for insights and implications
- Develop an immersive understanding of a product or brand’s market dynamics, customer mindset, competitive actions and industry trends.
- Derive and articulate insights that will drive behavior change.
- Cultivate strong relationships with staff, internal partners, and clients including counseling junior staff.
- 5-8 years of experience in marketing/communications strategy and planning ideally within a strategy department/communications environment specializing in strategic insight generation.
- Understanding of PR, digital and social media
- Expertise in the marketing and communications industry.
- High level of comfort with research techniques and resources and insight generation
- Demonstrated experience with analytics and analyzing data (not necessarily just pulling data but also manipulating it)
- Clear and compelling presentation skills.
- Agility in working style – demonstrated ability to work against tight timelines and to work collaboratively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the capability to construct and support arguments.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably within the field of sociology, anthropology, advertising, marketing or another related field.
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.