Digital Copywriter – Health
London, England, United Kingdom
Digital Copywriter – Health
WEBER SHANDWICK LONDON
A little bit about us in Health:
It’s never been a more challenging and exciting time to work in healthcare communications. Artificial intelligence, data-driven insights and tangible tech solutions are all being used to communicate with a public – including patients, healthcare professionals and media –who are more engaged than ever before. At Weber Shandwick, we’ve always been on the front foot when it comes to innovation within the industry. Engagement is our currency. No value = no engagement. We delve deeper to deliver genuine impact, empowering audiences to manage their own health whilst meeting business objectives for our clients.
It’s no surprise that big changes call for bold approaches. Healthcare is a serious business, but that doesn’t mean campaigns have to be boring. Our diverse team is known for bringing science to life through digital innovation and multi-platform creative work. We handpick the best talent in the industry to include not only science communicators, but also specialists in strategy and planning, and health analytics, digital experts, award-winning creatives and media experts to name but a few, to help our clients seamlessly navigate the ever-changing landscape. At Weber Shandwick, we push boundaries in health to deliver meaningful outcomes.
The role: The Healthcare/Digital Copywriter takes ownership of content on health-based account projects, with occasional guidance from senior team members, to build the brand voice for different platforms. An understanding of digital channels such as websites, social copy, blogs, ChatBots, etc., as well as the global healthcare environment would be advantageous. The Copywriter will contribute to content planning and offer strategic insights for existing programmes or new business proposals.
A copywriter is someone that demonstrates our core values…
- Truth: Takes a solutions-focused attitude at all times, having the courage to ask tricky questions, even when it’s uncomfortable
- Engagement: Is curious about our industry and ways in which we can drive our business forward
- Inclusion: Contributes to an open and honest environment that fosters knowledge-sharing and personal development
- Respect: Treats colleagues as equals with mutual respect, ensuring everyone has the opportunity to be heard
- Independently researches subject matter to create and draft high-quality written content that aligns with client expectations, with minimal internal edits
- Demonstrates knowledge of digital copywriting, such as SEO, social media specs, alt text, etc.
- Manages relevant content aspects on individual client projects with support of client team, including taking the lead in liaising with clients to provide updates, material development timelines and answering questions clients may have around content
- Demonstrates ability to leverage consumer insights to craft persuasive stories
- Demonstrates excellent time management and workload prioritisation skills, ensuring deadlines and objectives are met
- Showcases good understanding of the impact of team deliverables on a client’s business
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail, completing actions on time and to a high quality (e.g. minimal copy or formatting errors)
Partner with other creatives to develop written creative content
- Liaises well with creatives across the Weber Shandwick network to provide support with content as needed
- Demonstrates ability to proofread a variety of documents to support department needs
- Demonstrates aesthetic awareness on top of content skills, specifically in relation to digital outputs
- Liaises well with clients as required via email and calls to build strong client relationships
- Takes an interest in current healthcare, digital and copywriting trends affecting client industries and markets
- Assists with elements of new business proposal development
- Ensures all files to be shared with clients are ‘client-ready’. I.e. of high-quality content, free from typographical/formatting errors, and that more senior team members have had an opportunity to review before finalising
- Proactively analyses project and client needs in order to provide clients with added-value solutions and new ideas
- Has good knowledge of key agency capabilities and offerings and provides suggestions about services that might benefit specific clients
This list outlines the areas of responsibility we see as most important within your role. This is not an exhaustive list and there are a number of duties, capabilities and responsibilities that are expected in order to effectively perform your role. For example, maintaining company standards, proactively offering support to team members, contributing constructively to internal company meetings, etc.
A little bit about how we conduct ourselves:
To help realise the full potential of our combined skills and expertise, we at Weber Shandwick London work hard to build a culture where teamwork, open-mindedness and innovation are valued. As a result, we value and reward the following behaviours:
- Collaboration: We take team work extremely seriously, while also knowing humour and fun go a long way towards fuelling energy and co-operation.
- Curiosity: We know that asking the right questions – and being open to new information and ideas– allows us to imagine new possibilities for our teams and clients
- Commitment: We are tenacious in our pursuit of great work that exceeds expectations –holding each other and ourselves accountable to deliver extraordinary work
- Courage: We do not shy away from difficult situations and are willing to lean into tough conversations to get to better outcomes. We hold high the values of integrity, respect and trust at all times
Some of our benefits include:
- 25 days holiday + 2 extra days at Christmas
- Flexible working
- Employee wellbeing perks including things like; EAP mental health support, free membership to Headspace meditation
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas company parties (re-imagined under COVID19)
- Pension scheme
- Access to health insurance
- Brand new, spacious, modern office space (which includes a roof terrace and bubbles on tap!) Check it out here – https://vimeo.com/472688193/0d86f82335
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.