Senior Manager, Client Experience, Healthcare
Los Angeles, California, United States
Weber Shandwick is looking for a Senior Manager to join our Los Angeles Healthcare Practice.
When Weber Shandwick was formed we set out a mission that, by design, has no end date. We committed to be “engaging always.” We knew then, and more so now, that being open, aspirational and entrepreneurial is what it takes to engage people and deliver business impact in a rapidly changing environment.
Our journey to date might surprise you. From a powerful PR base, we’ve built-in one of the world’s largest, global social agencies. Then we added Mediaco, a pioneering, award-winning content consulting and publishing operation. And today, we continue to lead digital and advertising assignments for some of the world's most enduring companies and social causes.
Along the way, we’ve been validated repeatedly by Ad Age’s “A List,” creative leadership at Cannes Lions and global frontrunner status in the PR category. Yet despite our industry-leading status among marketing services agencies, we're still just getting started. We strive to bring our collective intelligence, open architecture model and continuous learning to our work, not to mention agility required to deliver it.
We’re strategists, builders, analysts, producers, designers, creatives, technologists. And we unite around big ideas.
So “engaging always.” is really about innovative change. And that's what we continue do every day, adding new dimensions and diverse talent to our mix across our network of more than 81 countries around the world.
What You Will Be Doing:
Our team is seeking a Sr. Manager with healthcare, client experience, and media expertise to serve as a senior counselor to our clients. As a Manager, you will be expected to develop and execute strategic integrated communications programs that deliver results. You will be responsible for driving overall strategy and advising healthcare clients and account teams on new initiatives. You will be a conceptual thinker with exceptional organizational and prioritization skills.
In addition, you should have an agency background in healthcare communications with experience working on pharmaceutical products, biotech and/or medical devices, as well as knowledge of the media landscape and considerations in this space.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage account team implementation of agreed-upon programs, ensuring quality standards are met and desired results are delivered on-budget
- Lead project management initiatives
- Lead development and revision of tools, ensuring all activities are moving forward and are within deadlines
- Leverage traditional media as well as influencers and digital/emerging technologies for PR programming
- Develop a range of external and media materials including press releases, key message documents, pitches, social media content, etc.
- Manage event and activation logistics in a variety of settings
- Set and meet campaign measurement and evaluation criteria
- Identify training and development needs of junior staff and provide opportunities that enable staff members to reach their full potential
- Assist in financial management for clients, including development of invoices and activity reports
What We Are Looking For:
- Fluency and/or familiarity with digital and social media
- Experience working on multi-disciplinary (holistic) communication initiatives
- Strong understanding of the relationship between traditional public relations and the use of current online/digital technology and social media
- Solid working knowledge of key online/offline media influencers/journalists
- Strong budgeting and financial management skills
- Experience with clients and accounts that are measurement and evaluation driven
- Strong presentation skills, poise, and professionalism
- Industry experience in healthcare communications and/or pharmaceuticals
- Basic Qualifications
- At least 5 years’ experience in public relations at an agency or corporate in-house (healthcare experience required)
- BA or BS in Public Relations, Communications, or in a related field
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.