Senior Vice President, Client Experience
New York, New York, United States
Senior Vice President, Consumer Practice Role:
Come join the Brand team in our New York office and lead one of our longest-running CPG client accounts. If you love brand marketing and have a passion for building campaigns for globally known beauty and personal care brands, this is the role for you!
We Are Seeking:
We are looking for a seasoned Senior Vice President to join our growing Brand group, heading up one of our top CPG accounts, with potential to take on more business within the practice group. This role doesn't come around often and is perfect for someone who can lead a large team, manage multiple brands and clients, and flex across offices in the US and worldwide.
The new leader will be responsible for nurturing client relationships, acting as the day-to-day senior counsel for client communications and brand teams, working in lockstep with integrated agency partners and overseeing a strong account team with exposure to senior leaders in the agency. We are looking for someone who is inspired by culture, with never-ending curiosity, a desire to always be better, and the ability to motivate and connect with people across different disciplines.
The successful candidate will have experience with CPG programs, will be a hands-on leader that fits with our overall culture. We are a company of doers – even at the most senior level.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Build and nurture client relationship and grow business by providing leadership, direction and strategic guidance to colleagues, day-to-day teams and senior level clients
- Solve problems, handle crises, and make quick decisions with incomplete information
- Ideate and shape brand campaigns that tap into culture, beauty, lifestyle and influencer trends
- Draw on our total agency resources (locally, regionally, globally) and bring our clients the best of our network for every project
- Lead, develop and coach a team of 10 or more people
- Establish a high standard for quality and deliver above expectations, continuing to fulfill the trusted partner role we have had with them for decades
- Craft presentations for senior client stakeholders with a persuasive and engaging presentation style
- Actively engage in the culture of the agency to lead by example
- Work with peers to further the mission, goals and culture of the agency
- Balance an intense work ethic with the sense of fun that should be part of the exciting and dynamic work we do
The right person for this role has:
- 12+ years of experience in PR inclusive of agency experience working on integrated communications campaigns
- Deep knowledge of the consumer products space, with experience in – and passion for – beauty, personal care and lifestyle brands
- Proven track record of proactively identifying and delivering strategic opportunities that unlock account growth beyond the current or 'expected' remit
- Strong familiarity and expertise related to social, digital and influencer channels that can further fuel earned-driven communications
- Exceptional client service track record with ability to counsel and interact effectively with senior management at client organizations
- Experience managing a large CPG account (over $1 million in billings) and the keen organizational skills needed to juggle multiple client needs at once
- Ability to efficiently manage cross-office teams that span multiple cities and countries with integrated account teams preferred
- Ability to be both strategic and hands-on, to flex with clients' needs
- Success leading teams and developing talent
- An entrepreneurial spirit, strong leadership qualities, and a collaborative attitude
- A willingness to challenge how things have always been done, in a desire to continuously improve
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient skills in MSOffice (PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- BA or BS in Communications or related degree
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.