Business Analytics Intern
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Weber Shandwick isn’t just a PR agency. We’re the world’s largest engagement agency. And while, sure, we’ve won our fair share of awards, what we’re really proud of is the connected network of specialized experts we’ve built, each one skilled in earning attention and driving conversation. Our strength is in our people. In our teams. In the promise we’ve all made to “go beyond” for our clients, delivering not only strategic business objectives, but real value.
Weber Shandwick is home to experts across our four value-based communities: Client Experience, Content, Insights and Integrated Media.
Weber Shandwick Chicago is seeking to hire an Analytics Intern.
Responsibilities: Analytics interns work with members of the Analytics team to:
- Clean, sort, analyze, and interpret data from a variety of sources such as social media, website analytics platforms, and third-party vendors
- Identify patterns and trends that can inform recommendations that shape clients’ marketing strategies
- Be comfortable cleaning, sorting, analyzing, and interpreting large sets of data
- Have an interest in social media and emerging technologies
- Be able to quickly learn how to use new software and applications
- Demonstrate the ability to identify trends and communicate implications effectively, within allotted deadlines
- Be able to translate data-driven findings into easily understood reports
- Possess an eagerness to learn and contribute to the learning process at Weber Shandwick
- Have or be working towards a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university (degrees in economics, statistics, or a marketing-related field preferred) Bonus points for:
- Social listening tools (i.e. Crimson Hexagon, Netbase, etc.), website analytics platforms (i.e. Google Analytics) or social channel data (i.e. Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics)
- Experience with Microsoft Excel preferred, including the use of intermediate functions (i.e. VLOOKUP, IF) and Pivot Tables
- Dashboard experience preferred (e.g., Tableau, Google Data Studio, etc.)
- Experience with statistical tools (e.g., SPSS, R, SAS, MATLAB)
- Previous experience in an analytics or research role with a proven ability to interpret data and develop insights
Why Weber Shandwick:
Weber Shandwick’s full-time internship program is a paid opportunity for you to gain valuable experience supporting teams and helping clients solve business problems. We aren’t going to have you pouring coffee and making copies for four months—instead, you’ll really dig into the work, become a critical member of your teams, and learn what it means to “go beyond” for your clients. By the end of your internship, you’ll have learned how to successfully operate in a major organization and be able to apply learnings to the rest of your career. Through day-to-day client work and interactive trainings over the course of your internship, you’ll learn how to:
- Read and comprehend briefs, proposals and plans, and synthesize them for action.
- Write compelling materials for a variety of audiences.
- Think strategically about business issues.
- Present findings in an engaging way.
- And more! We offer intern trainings on topics ranging from preparedness, to video production, to insight development. Weber Shandwick is dedicated not only to building brands, but to building careers. Our team is our most valuable asset, and we’re looking forward to seeing what you’ll bring to the family table
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.