Nutritional / Consumer Public Relations Intern
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Weber Shandwick isn’t just a PR agency. We’re the world’s largest engagement agency. And while, sure, we’ve won our fair share of awards, what we’re really proud of is the connected network of specialized experts we’ve built, each one skilled in earning attention and driving conversation. Our strength is in our people. In our teams. In the promise we’ve all made to “go beyond” for our clients, delivering not only strategic business objectives, but real value.
Weber Shandwick is home to experts across our four value-based communities: Client Experience, Content, Insights and Integrated Media.
Weber Shandwick is seeking applications for their full-time Nutrition/Consumer Internship program. The internship is an opportunity combining nutrition and communications expertise. Responsibilities: Interns assist our teams and nutrition experts with various activities designed to dynamically tell our clients’ stories.
- Monitor and interpret scientific research
- Assist with nutrition spokesperson requests
- Develop strategic media lists and pitch media stories to nutrition/health editors
- Develop consumer-focused food and nutrition materials
- Assist in handling logistics of media events
- Conduct research on literature reviews utilizing various resources
- Track media hits and maintain trackers
- Participate in nutrition-related brainstorms and meetings
- Project Management: Ability to handle a fast paced, often demanding environment, meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks
- Communication Skills: Proficiency in writing and editing
- Thinking Skills: Ability to think creatively
- Social Media Skills: Working knowledge of online/digital media platforms
- Technical and Functional Expertise: Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Interpersonal Skills: Capability to adapt to and work in a team
- Nutrition Skills: Content expertise including research experience using PubMed, Google Scholar; familiarity with recipe/nutrient analysis programs
Applicants should be enrolled in, or have completed a nutrition degree program. Masters candidates, RD eligible or new RDs also welcome.
Why Weber Shandwick:
Weber Shandwick’s full-time internship program is a paid opportunity for you to gain valuable experience supporting teams and helping clients solve business problems. We aren’t going to have you pouring coffee and making copies for four months—instead, you’ll really dig into the work, become a critical member of your teams, and learn what it means to “go beyond” for your clients. By the end of your internship, you’ll have learned how to successfully operate in a major organization and be able to apply learnings to the rest of your career. Through day-to-day client work and interactive trainings over the course of your internship, you’ll learn how to:
- Read and comprehend briefs, proposals and plans, and synthesize them for action.
- Write compelling materials for a variety of audiences.
- Think strategically about business issues.
- Present findings in an engaging way.
- And more! We offer intern trainings on topics ranging from preparedness, to video production, to insight development. Weber Shandwick is dedicated not only to building brands, but to building careers. Our team is our most valuable asset, and we’re looking forward to seeing what you’ll bring to the family table
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.