Corporate Public Relations Intern
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Weber Shandwick isn’t just a PR agency. We’re the world’s largest engagement agency. And while, sure, we’ve won our fair share of awards, what we’re really proud of is the connected network of specialized experts we’ve built, each one skilled in earning attention and driving conversation. Our strength is in our people. In our teams. In the promise we’ve all made to “go beyond” for our clients, delivering not only strategic business objectives, but real value.
Weber Shandwick is home to experts across our four value-based communities: Client Experience, Content, Insights and Integrated Media.
The Opportunity: Do you envision yourself as a trusted partner and strategic guide? Do you dream of bringing expertise and insights that deepen understanding of today’s obstacles and possibilities, advancing company culture and protecting reputations and brands? With fake news, the rise of bots and an always-on digital echo chamber, reputations can be tarnished in an instant. In this age of uncertainty, populism, and activism, business leaders today focus on innovation as the path to growth and success. The Corporate Internship at Weber Shandwick will allow you to think strategically to help clients solve business problems reactively, as well as prepare your clients and their reputations proactively based on news, trends and creativity.
Corporate interns assist our brand reputation, executive visibility, crisis communications and media relations teams on a variety of tasks, including:
- Monitoring media to inform and educate strategy and action
- Conducting research and analysis
- Preparing media relations materials
- Outreaching to media
- Participating in team brainstorms
- Strong written and verbal communication (familiarity with AP Style a plus)
- Passion for creative thinking, strategy and pushing the boundaries • Strong organization skills, time management and attention to detail
- Willingness to learn, question and challenge
- Ability to multi-task, handle a fast-paced environment and fully immerse in clients’ business
- Basic research experience and the ability to identify and analyze trends
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite programs
- Candidates should have BA or BS in a related field
Why Weber Shandwick:
Weber Shandwick’s full-time internship program is a paid opportunity for you to gain valuable experience supporting teams and helping clients solve business problems. We aren’t going to have you pouring coffee and making copies for four months—instead, you’ll really dig into the work, become a critical member of your teams, and learn what it means to “go beyond” for your clients. By the end of your internship, you’ll have learned how to successfully operate in a major organization and be able to apply learnings to the rest of your career. Through day-to-day client work and interactive trainings over the course of your internship, you’ll learn how to:
- Read and comprehend briefs, proposals and plans, and synthesize them for action. • Write compelling materials for a variety of audiences.
- Think strategically about business issues.
- Present findings in an engaging way.
- And more! We offer intern trainings on topics ranging from preparedness, to video production, to insight development. Weber Shandwick is dedicated not only to building brands, but to building careers. Our team is our most valuable asset, and we’re looking forward to seeing what you’ll bring to the family table.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.