Junior Associate, Client Experience, Healthcare PR
New York, New York, United States
The Weber Shandwick Healthcare practice is seeking an Junior Associate (AAE Equivalent) to join its growing New York office.
What You Will Be Doing
We are seeking someone who is passionate about healthcare and making a difference in the lives of patients living with various diseases and conditions. The Weber Shandwick New York office is currently seeking an eager, detail-oriented Junior Associate for its Health Practice. The ideal candidate has experience working on healthcare media relations/campaigns, conducting traditional and social/digital media outreach and developing communications materials. Strong writing skills are a must
- Develop media materials (press releases, pitch emails, reporter backgrounders, social media posts)
- Develop targeted media lists and learn/follow clients' priority media: top-tier, trade, social influencers, etc.
- Conduct research and media audits independently
- Deliver accurate and timely media monitoring and campaign results reports to reviewer
- Maintain and update status reports, including materials trackers, media trackers, conference/event trackers
- Participate in client meetings and/or teleconferences, accurately capture meeting notes, next steps
- Bachelor's Degree
- 0-1 years Healthcare and/or PR/Media agency experience
- Interest in healthcare and life sciences fields
- Professional demeanor
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as autonomously
- Can prioritize multiple tasks and manage time in a consistent manner
- Experience with coordinating vendors and external partners
- Some experience working directly with clients
- Resourceful and effective problem solver
- Experience pitching healthcare media and securing stories
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.