Associate Creative Director
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Associate Creative Director- Copy
Weber Shandwick is looking for an Associate Creative Director with a strong background in copywriting for the DC office.
We’re seeking someone who is a highly conceptual problem solver, an articulate presenter of ideas, a builder of strong client relationships, and a storyteller who will help us convey our clients’ messaging in new and creative ways. You’ll have the chance to create award-winning work for national and global brands across social, traditional, and earned media including clients in the healthcare/pharmaceutical vertical.
You’ll be someone who enjoys mentoring and managing a team of junior creatives, leading by example, with a keen eye for organization and detail. You’ll keep our teams motivated and focused on the task at hand – but you’ll still love getting your hands dirty and creating the work alongside them. You will work closely with project management, production, and client experience teams to help keep the work running smoothly.
- Generate useful, usable ideas across all existing and emerging experiential platforms including: product launches, press events, social campaigns, PR stunts, online videos, and a wide variety of brand touch-points
- Develop ideas for how brands and organizations can lead with “what they do” instead of “what they say”
- Make use of a variety of conceptual disciplines (writing, pitching, brainstorming) while displaying an understanding of executional ones (graphic design, digital, social, and video)
- Push forward brave ideas
- Manage the overall quality of the creative concept and its execution on assigned programs
- In partnership with the Creative Director, continually innovate the process, the ideas, and the strategies to better support and grow accounts
- Create solutions that will have a business impact on clients as well as a cultural impact on consumers
- Communicate and justify conceptual and directional choices
- With the Creative Director/Executive Creative Director, drive the collaborative efforts of the project's creative team
- Continually develop practices and processes to inspire, innovate, and harness new ways of thinking
- Handling large and dangerous wild animals
- Reading to the very end of a document and recognizing when something doesn’t seem right
- A strong portfolio of work
- 7 to 10 years’ experience in the media industry
- Exceptional writing capabilities and a love for art and design
- A real understanding of what makes for compelling work – whether on social platforms, in video, or in big-earned media activations and ideas that get talked about, reported on, and pointed to by other agencies with an “I wish we’d done that” envy
- The ability to concept across a broad range of media, in a variety of tones and voices
- A solid understanding of the marketing industry at large; an ability and a desire to adapt to the changing landscape of technology
- Proven leadership skills managing multiple projects/tasks/teams of varying complexities, meeting deadlines, and working well under pressure
- Video production experience – whether for online video, TV, etc. – and the ability to storyboard and art direct concise scripts accordingly
- Resilience, a cheerful and positive attitude, and respect for others
- Exceptional internal and external communication skills, someone who can present and defend their work clearly and confidently
- Experience with social media platforms and a working knowledge of their best practices
- An interest in staying on top of emerging platforms, mobile design, & development trends
- A willingness to push creative boundaries
- Education in advertising design and conceptual thinking is preferred.
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and accurately within all required aspects of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) as well as presentation software (PowerPoint); any AfterEffects animation skills will be utilized.
- Bonus skills: illustration, photography, retouching, filmmaking, videography, editorial, HTML.
NOTE: If you are selected for a virtual interview, please come prepared to discuss and showcase your design skills, and walk through your conceptual/strategic creative approach to assignments (help us understand how your brain works). Use whatever work or case studies necessary to best represent these areas of expertise.
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.