Senior Associate, Consumer
London, England, United Kingdom
Senior Associate – Consumer
The Consumer Practice at Weber Shandwick create world-class work and words got out…Our reputation for delivering engaging communications that strike up conversations between consumer and brands means we're working with an enviable client list across a diverse range of sectors including; entertainment, consumer health, food & drink and beauty.
But we won't stop there! The team is growing and we're looking to bring in a Senior Associate (Senior Account Executive-equivalent) with strong media relations experience to bring the heat. As a leading global PR firm, we can offer you real opportunities for development and somewhere to cultivate your passion.
The role offers a portfolio of consumer brands, as well as work on integrated campaigns involving earned media, strategy, creative, analytics and digital specialists. You’ll be instrumental in managing the day-to-day running of accounts, pitching to the media and securing coverage, and overseeing research and campaign reporting.
You will need to be organised and sometimes you’ll have to work outside the 9-to-5 to get stuff done, but these clients are so worth it. You will be supported by the A-Team (not literally), have access to all the spoils of a big, global, award-winning agency and the freedom to make your mark in this role and in your career.
What will you be doing?
- Developing strong media relationships, proactively identifying and driving media opportunities which support the client’s business objectives.
- Creatively developing media programmes that meet the client brief.
- Taking responsibility to execute media relations strategies.
- Cultivating multi-media relationships and pitching content in.
- Meet with key media contacts face to face to form relationships and your little black book and feedback key information.
- Building relationships with influencers and working across influencer activation campaigns.
- Being part of the creative development of integrated campaigns.
- Draft press releases and media alerts; researching and writing copy for media pitches; writing and following up photo-call notices; and assisting the team to ensure copy is prepared, approved and submitted in line with deadlines.
- Prepare press materials and press packs.
- Attend daily paper meetings and flagging / distribution of relevant stories.
- Manage status reports on a weekly basis to share with the client.
- Coverage reporting to sell back key achievements to the client.
- Support the team with general organisation and account admin, including ensuring you and the wider team are fully prepped for all internal and external meetings.
Industry and Market Knowledge
- Client market understanding – knowing the client’s business through reading publications pertinent to accounts
- Using technology – using the internet and research facilities to obtain relevant information.
- Taking an active interest in current affairs, subscribing to news groups to keep updated on areas that effect the client.
Who are you?
Ideally you are already operating at a Senior Executive Level (or close to) and have good foundations in the world of PR. You are a positive energy within a team; full of hunger and ready to grow your experience at a world-class agency.
- Experience working with national consumer brands.
- Good media contacts across a range of platforms beyond traditional publications.
- Social media and/or digital experience – and be excited to explore the ample opportunities to develop these areas of the business.
- Be an extremely organised person.
- Strong communications and client-handling skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Be happy presenting – whether internally or to a client.
- Be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a no-quit attitude.
- Grit and determination.
Who are we?
Weber Shandwick is one of the world's leading global public relations firms. With offices in 79 cities and a network extending to 129 cities on 6 continents (we’re coming for you, Antarctica), Weber Shandwick is proud to meet the world’s challenges head-on. We activate our global reach for local causes and multinational brands alike, and we’re always ready for more problems to solve.
Weber Shandwick’s Consumer practice in London is a stand-out team made up of media specialists, client experience leaders, integrated campaign experts, creatives, strategists and data geeks. A team with many different skills, we’re united by a passion for deeply understanding brand challenges and using the power of smart communications to help solve them. Crafting stories that resonate and incite real, measurable change is at the heart of everything we do. Oh, and we like to have a lot of fun together while we do it!
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.