Report to: Managing Editor
Weber Shandwick is more than a leading global PR agency – we’re an engagement agency and we’re working in and around the cutting edge of the new media landscape. We’re storytellers, content creators, and we engage people IN the story. We employ the best in the industry and beyond, working across sectors including consumer, healthcare, technology, public affairs, crisis management, digital, and social impact. Our success is built on a deep commitment to client service, to our people, to creativity and collaboration, to engaging stakeholders in new and creative ways to build brands and reputations—and to putting data, analytics and insights at the center of everything we do.
In China, we were named “Agency of the Year” at the APAC SABREs, Mumbrella, China Advertising Awards, Digital Marketing Annual Awards, Shanghai International Advertising Awards and Digital China Annual Awards – eight “Agency of the Year” award in 2018. And we were also name “Best Culture” agency at the 2018 Campaign Asia Award, something we are extremely proud of.
About Weber Shandwick’s Values:
Engagement – we believe in listening, dialogue and actions to spark ideas and solutions
Respect – we treat people with kindness, fairness, dignity and civility
Inclusion – we seek diverse perspectives and voices, and cultivate inclusive environments
Truth – facts matter. We work with integrity and courage
About this role:
We are looking for an English Copywriter to lead the English content development and craft the brand voice for different platforms.
- Craft copy for various platforms and media types, including but not limited to: web, social, video, radio, print, billboards, banner ads, and presentations
- Ensure content and copy is accurate and adheres to brand/style guidelines
- Generate ideas for the best way to tell stories based on audience, channel, and client goals
- Help brainstorm, plan and execute stories, video, images, social, and other
- Work closely with art directors, designers, and an integrated team (e.g., account)
- Collaborate with account managers and strategists to produce campaigns from conception through completion
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Be open to feedback and adapt to direction (while confidently outlining the rationale and choices that back your work)
- Participate in client meetings, creative brainstorms and business development
- Understand and refresh knowledge of client’s business and goals
- Proactively propose content and creative ideas
- Be able to consolidate, articulate, communicate and present creative ideas to clients in a persuasive and easy-to-comprehend way
- Meet deadlines and proactively communicate if an extension is needed
- Help develop, review and provide feedback for creative briefs
- Professional level of English writing skills (e.g. executive speech / editorial) with English literature, journalist, communications, or marketing related degree
- 3 years working experience above, in-depth knowledge of Content creation
- Experience in PR / corporate communications/Media is an advantage
- Good communications and interpersonal skills, logical thinking and detail-minded
- Story telling; developing ideas that attract interest by influencers and constituents
- Excellent internal and client-facing verbal and written communication skills
- Understand social media strategy and best practices
- Partnering, especially with art direction and account colleagues
- Ability to understand written Chinese strongly preferred
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.