Director, Corporate Communications
New York, New York, United States
You are a communications and media relations professional looking for an opportunity to tell stories that align with the brand and business priorities of a global integrated communications agency.
Weber Shandwick is seeking an experienced communicator to join its global corporate communications and marketing team. This role will focus heavily on external communications and be responsible for driving external visibility of the firm’s key priorities, and in particular, promoting the firm’s wide range of capabilities and client work.
You will work closely with our global leadership team, business/practice leaders, regional/market leaders, client teams and partner with colleagues in business development and thought leadership.
Media Relations & External Communications
- Proactively uncover compelling stories that align with the firm’s key priorities, including promoting the firm’s work, growth, expertise and thought leadership
- Identify, pitch and secure positive stories with marketing trade and business media
- Keep a beat on industry news and issues that directly and indirectly affect the agency; analyze and distill meaningful insights from media coverage
- Manage incoming media inquiries and issues
- Write, edit and proofread content, including press releases, thought leadership, messaging, presentations, executive briefing materials and more
Events & Awards
- Evaluate and project manage participation in industry conferences and events; manage executive/spokesperson participation as appropriate; coordinate sponsorships and advertising
- Oversee the entry process and promotion of awards that recognize the agency and our people
Project Management & Collaboration
- Drive and shepherd the development of integrated communications and media plans with considerations across earned, owned (internal and external) and paid channels
- Coordinate with global and regional colleagues to drive a consistent global narrative
- Counsel junior team members and interns to grow the team’s bench of talent
Skills & Requirements
- 8-10 years of communications experience (corporate/B2B or marketing/media industry strongly preferred)
- Strong media contacts and relationships, with a record of success in securing media placements in top-tier trade and business publications
- Strong business acumen of marketing, digital and media trends and the ability to translate complex concepts into compelling narratives for a wide range of audiences
- Proven aptitude to solve problems; savvy in navigating and resolving complex situations with speed
- Critical thinker – asks probing questions and anticipates and addresses gaps/needs
- Ability to foster relationships and maintain connections internally and with external partners
- Extremely detail oriented with ability to manage and execute multiple projects
- Experience and confidence in working with senior leaders
- Excellent writing skills are mandatory
- Fluency in major social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter) and familiarity with a variety of social media tools and metrics preferred
- Experience with media databases and monitoring tools
- BS / BA degree or equivalent years’ experience
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.