Account Director, Healthcare
Hong Kong, China
About the role
We are looking for an experienced healthcare communications expert to join Weber Shandwick/DNA/Current Global team as an Account Director, Healthcare (we may also consider VP level) in Hong Kong/Singapore. As a leading member of the healthcare team, familiarity and comfort with healthcare content is essential to drive value to our pharmaceutical and non-profit healthcare clients. Account Director is responsible for all aspects of a client relationship and account team. They must supervise multiple projects and team members. Other responsibilities include recommending programs and activities coordinating with client’s goals, effectively delegating projects, offering counsel to team members and allocating agency resources to match client budgets. Account Directors are also more engaged with business development, strategic program planning and the development of creative concepts.
- Provide senior client counsel on regional integrated health-focused communication strategies, and ensure programs deliver ROI
- Drive integrated corporate communication campaigns that include public relations, thought leadership and influencer engagement, strategic storytelling and social/traditional media engagement strategies
- Strong writing ability to develop clear, concise and relatable audience specific communications materials such as narratives/key messages.
- Formulate, research and draft plans to advance client business goals with innovative ideas that are rooted in client business strategies
- Understand and have established connections to top-tier business and international media and be able to identify and familiarize with key trade editors and analyst
- Actively cultivate and nurture client relationships to build trust, long-term partnership and client satisfaction
- Actively participate in new business initiatives including taking a lead role in research and scooping of new business opportunities
- Lead, inspire and empower colleagues from various functions to coordinate work across departments, communicate effectively and collaborate to deliver as one team
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree; 10+ years related professional experience
- Ability to successfully present program recommendations, and establish relationships with senior clients as a trusted advisor
- Possesses superb execution and management skills: specifically, the ability to allocate resources effectively, structure teams and deliver programs with excellence.
- Has experienced in managing and grooming junior staff, advising senior clients and being responsible for delivery of programs on time, and on budget with superior results
- Has a deep background and proven ability to create and manage large comms projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, online services, and AP style writing is essential
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.