Business Analyst, Business Development:
New York, New York, United States
Business Analyst, Business Development:
You’re curious, organized, methodical, and proactive. You like to use substantiated data to both identify and solve problems, rather than trust your gut alone.
As a core team of global communications powerhouse Weber Shandwick, we are leveraging bleeding edge data science approaches and development tools to provide unparalleled access to unexplored insights derived from the world’s most important digital, social and e-commerce platforms.
Our clients span five continents, and their consumers are everywhere.
We Are Seeking:
We are seeking a strategic thinker with a strong analytical mind to help pull and analyze data, and extract deep insights using the approaches, systems and tools we are designing in-house and have licensed from third parties. You will be able to leverage data to uncover insights and tell compelling stories.
The Business Analyst will join the Business Development function, helping to support new opportunities with prospective and current clients. You’ll be closely connected to the Global Intelligence team – Weber Shandwick’s Analytics function – to focus on delivering impactful analytics insights and strategy that is core to the marketing and communications goals of our clients.
The ideal candidate will have a flexible analytics skillset and deep interest in storytelling using data and research.
This position will directly report to and work with the SVP of our Central Region office but will support teams across all North American practice areas. This position will typically focus on several of Weber Shandwick’s largest and most important new business pitches and relationships in parallel.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work with Global Intelligence teammates to create comprehensive and understandable insights that identify new areas of opportunity (“white space”) for prospects and existing clients
- Team up with data scientists and senior intelligence leads to articulate insights into compelling narratives that move internal and external audiences to act on our recommendations.
- Leverage a variety of descriptive and inferential statistical methods to analyze data from multiple sources.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to infuse all aspects of the work with data-driven insights and measurement.
- Interrogate multiple sources of information or data to look for trends within social and earned media, using tools such as Brandwatch, Talkwalker, Quid, and Trendkite. (Ultimately, we’d like you to be flexible enough to learn and master an evolving list of analytics technology and tools.)
- Create and manage reporting tasks and data flows for media, site and social listening analysis and insights generation.
- Evangelize the use of data to inform decision-making at all levels internally and externally in a new business environment.
- Strong interest and capacity to translate data and research into strategic insights and recommendations.
- Passion for working with data and deriving insights to identify client business needs.
- Experience with social listening tools such as Quid, Brandwatch, and Trendkite is a plus.
- Ability to manipulate and leverage large scale data leveraging tools including but not limited to Tableau, Google Data Studio, Domo, Excel, etc. is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree, with major in business or STEM preferred
- 1-3 years of full-time experience; prior marketing analytics or consulting experience is a plus
- Ability to work independently and in an integrated team setting.
- Strong communication (written and presentation) skills.
- Commitment to learning and the drive to take initiative.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Comfort with working in and contributing to a fast-paced, team environment.
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global marketing and communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world.
We push beyond category convention, pairing data-driven insights with creative prowess to deliver game-changing ideas that earn attention and drive business impact. We have a deep bench of talent across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications.
Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group of Companies (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.