Account Manager (B2B / Tech)
London, England, United Kingdom
Digital transformation is redefining the way our clients interact with their customers. Our Tech and B2B practice has deep expertise in a range of sectors including mobile, telecoms, FinTech, logistics and oil and gas. We pride ourselves on helping our clients navigate business challenges by building fully integrated campaigns founded on deep insights and contextual analysis.
We’re looking for a budding media relations expert to design and execute campaigns for the biggest, best and most exciting B2B and tech brands in the world. You’ll play a critical role in getting under the skin of our clients, identifying coverage opportunities, developing stories and working with your network of media contacts to get results that impact their business.
What will you be doing?
- Driving media relations campaigns that matter to our clients
- Finding creative ways to place client news and comment in the publications that reach their target audiences
- Mentoring junior staff on media relations best practice to inspire and educate them
- Establishing yourself as a media expert to your clients, embedding yourself into their external comms plans and acting as a daily go-to contact
- Sharing insight and intelligence with the wider team as part of a team of media specialists
- Supporting new business pitches
- Immersing yourself in all things media – from latest movers, to monitoring the daily news agenda, analysing how outlets are covering key trends, developing media relationships…and everything in between
- Playing a critical and strategic client-facing role with a focus on results
- Learning from a sophisticated team of senior media professionals
Who are you?
- Proven media relations practitioner with a track record of landing impactful coverage in some of the hardest to reach publications
- Extremely well-connected with the most influential UK and international business and trade media
- Obsessed with news and cultural trends and how they can translate to your clients’ audiences – through earned media and paid, owned and shared channels
- Comfortable with providing strategic counsel to senior clients
- Confident in measurement techniques to demonstrate the value of media relations and entrepreneurial in spotting client growth opportunities
Even better if:
- You have experience of running media campaigns across multiple B2B contacts
- You’re used to managing international teams
- You’re creative and bold and are able to display that in your current work
Note from the talent team:
We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, down to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.