Associate (B2B / Tech)
London, England, United Kingdom
Weber Shandwick is looking for a talented Associate (Account Executive-equivalent) who wants to be part of the B2B practice in our London office, a dedicated and smart team that creates creative, impactful marketing and communications solutions for clients. The ideal candidate will be curious, ambitious, proactive and friendly. The role offers a portfolio of well-known global technology and B2B brands, as well as work on integrated campaigns involving earned media, strategy, creative, analytics and digital specialists. You’ll be instrumental in supporting account teams managing the day-to-day running of account, pitching to the media and securing coverage, research, and reporting on campaigns.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support delivery of an exceptional client experience by helping to develop status reports, materials trackers, media trackers, conference/event trackers and managing logistics for client/team meetings
- Media research, developing targeted media lists (top-tier, trade, specialist areas) and pitching contacts
- Develop media materials (press releases, pitch emails, reporter backgrounders, social media posts)
- Stay on top of industry news, trends and influencers in specific industries and be able to think through what these mean for clients
- Conduct research and develop media audits
- Deliver accurate and timely media monitoring and campaign results reports
- Attend and actively participate in client meetings and/or teleconferences, accurately capture meeting notes/actions
- Event research and preparation
- Supplier liaison (e.g. production companies)
The skills/experience you’ll have:
- Ideally a minimum of a year’s experience in B2B/technology PR or marketing
- An interest in the complex world of B2B – in fact, an interest in the world full stop. The B2B team is an incredibly curious one, with interests spanning tech, sustainability, education, politics and more. We use this to bring fresh perspective, helping tell B2B stories through the lens of so many other industries
- An understanding and proficiency in both media relations and the delivery of an exceptional client experience
- An initial but growing set of journalist contacts with technology and B2B vertical sector beats, or the ability to forge such relationships
- Be an excellent communicator and possess exceptional writing skills, particularly the ability to digest complex information and turn it into compelling, understandable written copy
- A proactive approach to identifying opportunities for the client, practice and team
- Experience interacting with clients on a day-to-day basis
- A proven ability to manage projects, manage your time and consistently meet deadlines
- Fluency in Microsoft programs and digital/social media platforms, tools and solutions
Who are we?
Weber Shandwick is one of the world's leading global public relations firms. With offices in 79 cities and a network extending to 129 cities on 6 continents (we’re coming for you, Antarctica), Weber Shandwick is proud to meet the world’s challenges head-on. We activate our global reach for local causes and multinational brands alike, and we’re always ready for more problems to solve.
Weber Shandwick’s B2B practice in London is a stand-out team made up of media specialists, client experience leaders, content experts, copywriters, creatives, strategists and data geeks. A team with many different skills, we’re united by a passion for deeply understanding complex business challenges and using the power of smart communications to help solve them. Crafting stories that resonate and incite real, measurable change is at the heart of everything we do. Oh, and we like to have a lot of fun together while we do it.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.