Senior Editor, Corporate Communications — Freelance
New York, New York, United States
Editor, Global Brand, Communications and Marketing, Weber Shandwick
You are a writer, editor and communications professional looking for an opportunity to create and edit content that aligns with the brand and business priorities of a global integrated communications agency. You are a reporter at heart with a keen sense for finding captivating stories and bringing them to life.
Weber Shandwick is seeking an experienced editor to partner with our brand, marketing and communications leaders to develop and elevate content for the agency internally and externally. The ideal candidate will have a strong writing and reporting track record, as well as expertise on the types of stories that drive engagement with a variety of audiences – from employees to clients to the industry at large. You will help support our global leadership team, business/practice leaders, regional/market leaders, client teams and business development.
Content Development and Production
- Partner with colleagues to tell engaging stories that advance the firm’s business objectives; stories that highlight the firm’s work, culture, innovative approach and the impact the company makes for clients, employees and the world at large
- Write and edit a wide range of content that achieves these objectives, including but not limited to: executive communications & thought leadership, press materials, marketing materials, messaging, newsletter content, advertising copy, awards entries and more
- Partner with creative and design colleagues to produce multiplatform content that is as strong visually as it is on paper
- Review and edit a wide range of materials produced across the firm’s regional and local offices, including press releases, client advisories/guidance, thought leadership and more
- Ensure consistency in Weber Shandwick’s voice and adherence to the firm’s guidelines and protocols
Skills & Requirements
- 7-9 years of editorial experience; preferably a combination of experience with a major media or marketing trade outlet and in-house within a marketing services company
- Extensive reporting and long/short form feature-writing experience
- Strong business acumen of marketing trends and the ability to translate complex concepts into compelling narratives for a wide range of audiences
- Fluency in major social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Broad understanding and curiosity of current and emerging platforms and technologies for storytelling
- Experience with content analytics (SEO, paid, Google analytics, etc.)
- Copywriting experience a plus
- Ability to foster relationships and maintain connections internally and with external partners
- Extremely detail oriented with ability to manage and execute multiple projects
- Experience and confidence in working with senior leaders
- Global experience a plus
- BS / BA degree or equivalent years’ experience
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.