Senior Associate (B2B PR)
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
At Weber Shandwick Scotland we are proud to deliver award-winning campaigns for clients that are transforming the business landscape. From multinational corporations to exciting start-ups, our B2B team supports businesses across the energy, food, telecoms, biotech and e-commerce industries.
We’re looking for a promising media relations expert to help tell our clients’ stories to global audiences. You’ll play a critical role in getting under the skin of our clients, identifying coverage opportunities, developing and telling stories and working with your network of media contacts to get results that impact their business.
While based in one of our offices in Glasgow, Edinburgh or Aberdeen, you’ll be joining multi-market teams with colleagues who love what they do and come together as a team to learn, develop and support each other.
What will you be doing?
- Driving media relations campaigns that matter to our clients
- Finding creative ways to place client news and comment in the publications that reach their target audiences
- Immersing yourself in all things media – from latest movers, to monitoring the daily news agenda, analysing how the media landscape is evolving, tracking how outlets are covering key trends, developing media relationships… and everything in between
- Being part of the creative development of integrated campaigns
- Establishing yourself as a media expert to your clients, embedding yourself into their external comms plans and acting as a daily go-to contact
- Sharing insight and intelligence with the wider team as part of a team of media specialists
- Admin tasks including; managing work in progress reports, results and media monitoring
- Learning from a sophisticated team of senior media professionals
Who are you?
- Proven media relations practitioner with a track record of landing impactful coverage in some of the hardest to reach publications
- Well-connected with Scottish and UK media and trade media
- Obsessed with news and cultural trends and how they can translate to your clients’ audiences – through earned media and paid, owned and shared channels
- Confident in measurement techniques to demonstrate the value of media relations and entrepreneurial in spotting client growth opportunities
Even better if:
- You have experience of running media campaigns across multiple B2B contracts
- You’re used to working with international teams
- You’re creative and bold and are able to display that in your current work
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.