Senior Associate, Media Relations
Dallas, Texas, United States
Weber Shandwick Southwest is looking for a Senior Associate, Media Relations to join our passionate, fun, and driven team.
We are seeking a Senior Associate who has a strong interest in media-related work with a foundation of media relations skills pitching top-tier, consumer and vertical press. Experience with earned media storytelling in any of the following industries/media verticals would be a plus: consumer, food, tech, and/or oil & gas. The ideal candidate is someone who has some previous project and team management experience, loves the thrill of the pitch, brings existing media relationships and is interested in building more, familiarity with current events in the media, and constantly seeking opportunities to leverage cultural engagement.
What You Will Be Doing
- Sourcing earned media results on behalf of the client – this includes identifying appropriate contacts, writing pitches, drafting media lists, making follow up calls, etc.
- Staying current on new and existing media coverage
- Assist with ongoing reporting, research and monitoring projects for the client
- Develop a strong understanding of the client’s business and target audience
- Monitor media outlets to understand industry issues that directly and indirectly affect the client
- Analyze and distill meaningful insights from media coverage
- Support creative ideation on a consistent basis and provide thoughtful recommendations
- Provide day-to-day support and assist team members with client-related projects
- Assist with drafting and managing media projects
- Assist with overseeing other team member’s media work, to foster excellence and success
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Strong research skills stemming from a media focused curiosity
- Ability to build trust and rapport with the client and team across all levels
- Demonstrate a proactive and forward thinking mindset
- Integrated skill set that combines media relations, content creation and digital expertise
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple jobs in a day
- Intuitive thinker who asks probing questions and anticipates and addresses needs
- Sound business and professional ethics
- Years Experience: 2-4 years of experience in similar industry
- Education: BA or BS degree in Communications or a related discipline
- Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications and engagement firm in 78 cities with a network extending to 129 cities around the world. The firm’s diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work. Weber Shandwick was the only public relations agency included on the Advertising Age Agency A-list in 2014 and 2015 and the only PR firm designated an A-List Agency Standout in 2017 and 2018. Weber Shandwick was honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016 and 2017, The Holmes Report’s Global Agency of the Year in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2017, and The Holmes Report’s Global Digital Agency of the Year in 2016. The firm deploys deep expertise across sectors and specialty areas, including consumer marketing, corporate reputation, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, employee engagement, social impact, financial communications and crisis management, using proprietary social, digital and analytics methodologies. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.