Detroit, Michigan, United States
Weber Shandwick is looking for a Designer to serve as a key member of the creative team. The Designer will be responsible for creating, developing and executing design and creative concepts. They must be a self-starter and be able to juggle multiple tasks and assignments. Concise knowledge of graphic design and production for both print, web and video is critical to the success of this role. The ideal candidate must have strong research, problem-solving and time management skills as well as possess good communications skills, and be an enthusiastic team player with a high level of attention to detail.
- Working with Art Directors, create compelling visuals to bring conceptual tactics to life
- Use layout, design and typography skills to create decks for presentation, templates and social assets
- Use motion graphics skills to ideate and create short-form content for social media This isn’t a must, but a plus
- Create unique visual brand elements for use across multiple channel
- Become the brand style guide expert
- Produce print-ready assets that adhere to vendor specs
- 2+ years’ work and/or internship experience (print & digital)
- Be a student of design
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Able to prioritize and manage own time
- Possess a strong desire to learn and work on both large and small projects from conception through production
- Fluent in leading design software (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects)
- HTML/Flash knowledge is a plus
- Minimum: Bachelor's Degree
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline-driven environment
- Collaborative team player
- Exceptional judgment when working with clients, teams and vendors
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial and endlessly curious
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.